"Cross Country Skiing in the French Alps" Thorens-Glières by rundoyle4
Thorens-Glières Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 30 photos
I can now say that I have skied in the Alps! I am not very good at down hill skiing, so I thought my best bet would be with cross country skiing. Here at Plateau Glieres I went for a 10 km loop at the RED level (green is first, then blue, then red, then black). I think I did pretty well for my first time, only falling half a dozen times. Plateau Glieres was the site of a WWII battle and now has a monument. It is located at 1400m (just a few ear pops). The best time to come during the week would be Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday. School kids have Wednesday off and everyone else is here on the weekend.
rundoyle4's Related Pages
Thorens-Glières Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A hike in France"
- "trip to Val Thorens"
- "Cross Country Skiing in the French Alps"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thorens-Glières
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Thorens-Glières?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thorens-Glières
Photos in Thorens-GlièresSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lancaster Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Geneva Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Udagamandalam Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Bern Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Interlaken Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Chennai (Madras) Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Brussels Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Antwerp Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Hofheim in Unterfranken Intro, 1 review, 4 photos