"All about Timmy" Timmy23's Profile

Snowboarding junkie

I'm a passionate snowboarder, lucky enough to spend a lot of time travelling to different resorts in each season. I love to socialise with other people, I usually travel alone so make extra effort to meet local people where ever I go.
I enjoy all active pastimes, although age is catching me up and finding it harder to compete with the youngsters.
I love food, would love to travel to every corner of the world just to try the local dishes.

Whistler

I'm lucky enough to have some friends who emigrated to Whistler many years ago, I try to visit them as much as I can.
Read my comments on whistler, its very high up my list of must see places, also great if you want to take family along who are not into the ski/board scene, plenty for them to do.

Fishing in Ireland

I also visit Ireland once a year to do a bit of fishing, dont get time to fish in England so combine a nice little getaway with a sport I used to love. My friends and I always have a good time, the locals are so friendly, and the area we go (erne system) is very pretty.
Always finish off the trip with an evening out in Temple bar in Dublin, its not the real Ireland, so dont think all of Ireland is like this, not as many stag and hen parties as it used to attract, many of the bars no longer welcome large groups.

My silly side

Check out the coolest snowboarding hat I've ever owned.
Well, I think its cool because it makes me look like I have hair.

Silly friends

My friends are just as silly as me, all our trips are based on us just having a great time, life is short, cram as much in as you can, dont let age hold you back.

Queenstown New Zealand

Im lucky enough to have a friend who lives in this beautiful place, plenty to do in both summer and winter, a real activity resort where the oppurtunities are never ending.

Hong Kong

A must see place simply for the harbour light show at 8pm every night.
And of course the food, my favourate hobby.

Japan

Tokyo is a very different place to the UK, found the food amazing and the people very polite, but also very shy, it seemed, not a place to travel on your own unless you can speak a little Japanese.
Mount Fuji and the hot geysers worth seeing.
A trip on a bullet train is a must.
Get up at 5am and visit the fish market in Tokyo, but watch your step as its easy to get run down by the scooters darting around, they dont slow down for tourists.

• Intro Updated Jan 18, 2008

• mcbeal_ally's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Wishing you a happy birthday! May all your dreams come true! Greetings from Poland :) Agata

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2007 at 10:46 PM

Happy Birthday! Wishing you a wonderful day! Cheers :-)

• Bilimari's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2006 at 6:19 PM

Hi, saw that you are going to Japan soon. Lucky you! Have lots of fun in Tokyo and Osaka. :) -Motoko-

• Pixiekatten's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2006 at 12:20 PM

The forum is acting all weird so I post my answer here instead.. Im afraid I dunno what its like on weekdays in Tokyo.. only been out on weekends. But I cant imagine it being that quiet! Have fun! :)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Timmy23's Profile Photo

Timmy23

“Havelotsoffun”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.