"Presidential Country" Johnson City by Bunsch
Johnson City Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 59 photos
I'm afraid I missed bluebonnet season -- indeed, a lot of people said there really wasn't one, given the drought which has afflicted Texas -- but that didn't mean there weren't other wildflowers on display as I made my way from Fredericksburg to Johnson City, where I planned to spend the night and then visit the LBJ sites in town and just outside, at the State and National Parks. Many books about Lyndon Johnson note that you need to understand the country he came from and dearly loved in order to understand the man -- and I can see that he was formed by this beautiful hill country. I found it unexpectedly moving to visit the places which were so important to him.
What's a visitor to do? There are two Lyndon B. Johnson Historical Parks under the aegis of the National Park Service,... more travel advice
Whether or not you choose to follow the audio tour, if you drive around on the ranch, eventually you get to the Texas... more travel advice
Bunsch's Related Pages
Johnson City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Presidential Country"
- "Johnson City, Texas"
- "LBJ Boyhood home in Johnson City, Texas"
- "Basaic Johnson City Page"
- "Pedernales Falls State Park"
- "Johnson City - Ex-Presidents & Other Antiques"
- "Cool Place to Visit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Johnson City
- Hotels in Johnson City
- Restaurants in Johnson City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Johnson City
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Johnson City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Johnson City
Photos in Johnson CitySee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 91 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Volterra Intro, 35 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ravenna Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parma Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos