"Welcome to China Bayles territory" Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg by Bunsch
Fredericksburg Travel Guide: 230 reviews and 725 photos
Readers of Susan Wittig Albert's China Bayles mystery series know that the fictional Pecan Springs is an amalgam of several Hill Country towns, possibly including Fredericksburg (which is itself mentioned in some of the books). But reading the series is a great way to begin to understand Hill Country, and its undeniable attractions. Fredericksburg was founded by German settlers, who arrived in the mid-1800s, and who created a very attractive town.
Pecans ARE available in profusion here, and so are peaches (you can pick them yourself from mid-May through early August) and lavender. And if you like wines, you should definitely sample some from the Texas Hill Country Wine Trail, which has several stops right in town.
Whether or not you choose to follow the audio tour, if you drive around on the ranch, eventually you get to the Texas... more travel advice
Once she heard I was going to Fredericksburg, my friend (who had grown up in Llano) immediately put in an order for some... more travel advice
Bunsch's Related Pages
Fredericksburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fredericksburg-A Charming and Historic Town"
- "Beautiful Hill Country"
- "A visit to Fredericksburg, Texas"
- "FREDERICKSBURG, TEXAS"
- "Welcome to China Bayles territory"
- "Fredericksburg, Texas"
- "Basaic Fredericksburg Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fredericksburg
- Hotels in Fredericksburg
- Transportation in Fredericksburg
- Nightlife in Fredericksburg
- Restaurants in Fredericksburg
- Shopping in Fredericksburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Fredericksburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fredericksburg
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Fredericksburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fredericksburg
Photos in FredericksburgSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 91 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Volterra Intro, 35 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ravenna Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parma Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos