""Prettiest Town That I've Ever Seen"?" Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene by Bunsch
Abilene Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 132 photos
Actually, the song -- which was #1 on the Country chart in 1963, was written about Abilene, Kansas. I was wondering, because although there were certainly some very lovely parts of Abilene, Texas, it wouldn't have been in the running for prettiest town, even if the contestants had been limited to those within the Lone Star State.
My visit to Abilene was almost purely accidental, in the sense that I was making a meandering trip through Texas and looked a day or two ahead to figure out which direction I wanted to wander in that would get me to a stopping point with some interesting things to see about three or four hours from wherever I happened to be.
But I enjoyed my brief sojourn there, and commend it to you should your path happen to lie through that part of Texas.
Abilene has a major commitment to public art, and the Abilene Cultural Affairs Council has given some guidance about... more travel advice
The National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature displays original art created for children's books -- but also... more travel advice
Bunsch's Related Pages
Abilene Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Abilene Page"
- ""Prettiest Town That I've Ever Seen"?"
- "Steak and BBQ"
- "Little Town in the West"
- "yo abilene is be waaaay crazy"
- "jbrad's new Abilene page"
- "Txbossman's new Abilene Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Abilene
- Hotels in Abilene
- Transportation in Abilene
- Nightlife in Abilene
- Restaurants in Abilene
- Shopping in Abilene
- Warnings and Dangers in Abilene
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Abilene
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Abilene?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Abilene
Photos in AbileneSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 91 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Volterra Intro, 35 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ravenna Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parma Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos