Providence Nightlife Tips by Bunsch Top 5 Page for this destination
Providence Nightlife: 25 reviews and 17 photos
Welcome to Grace Church
I know, going to church isn't what most people think of when they hear the word "nightlife" -- but I have to assume there are some other VT'ers out there who actually go to church, and who appreciate high-quality sung choir services in the style of English cathedrals. So I am going to recommend that, schedule permitting, a visitor to Providence attend choral Evensong or Compline held at Grace Church, which is conveniently located downtown just across from the Hotel Providence and Aspire. Music director Vince Edwards presides. Both services take place in candle light. Treat yourself to a worship experience that will bless you.
Dress Code: Whatever you'd wear to church, anyway. (Grace is also the site of the U2 Eucharist, when dress gets a little more avant garde.)
Address: 175 Mathewson Street, Providence, RI 02903
Directions: Corner of Westminster Street and Mathewson Street. Parking available just off Snow Street in a lot adjacent to the church.
Phone: (401) 331-3225
I'm not part of the young, hip crowd, but if I were, I'd probably make tracks to Fete, a relatively new club which opened in Olneyville after an infusion of special tax financing. Fete has a 700-patron ballroom with two full bars, and a mezzanine for VIP guests. The Fete Lounge has room for 200. It announces a mission "to rejuvenate the relationship between music and revelry and to create a haven where both artists and audiences engage in an inspiring and gratifying cultural experience." So you really ought to stop over and see how they're doing with that!
Dress Code: Looks to me like anything goes.
Address: 103 Dike Street, Providence, RI 02909
Directions: In Olneyville, just off the 6/10 connector
Phone: (401) 383-1112
More Reviews (89)
- See All Down by the riverside...
- See All Time for a little culture: Theater,...
- See All Add a little spice to your life!
- See All Hot weiners: our late night food
- See All People here belong to Red Sox Nation
- See All Pining for Lebanese food?
Bunsch's Related Pages
Providence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a great place to live!"
- "Providence....our Capitol City"
- "Providence .... The Renaissance City"
- "Providence, Rhode island"
- "I live here"
- "Welcome to Providence, RI!"
- "Rhode Island and Providence Plantations"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Providence
- Hotels in Providence
- Transportation in Providence
- Nightlife in Providence
- Restaurants in Providence
- Shopping in Providence
- Warnings and Dangers in Providence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Providence
- 91 Reviews
- 90 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Providence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Providence
Photos in ProvidenceSee All Photos (90)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 91 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Volterra Intro, 35 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ravenna Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parma Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos