Providence Nightlife Tips by Bunsch Top 5 Page for this destination
Providence Nightlife: 25 reviews and 19 photos
Welcome to Grace Church
I know, going to church isn't what most people think of when they hear the word "nightlife" -- but I have to assume there are some other VT'ers out there who actually go to church, and who appreciate high-quality sung choir services in the style of English cathedrals. So I am going to recommend that, schedule permitting, a visitor to Providence attend one of the choral Evensongs (generally on Sundays at 5:00 PM, although not every week), or Compline (on the third Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM) held at Grace Church, which is conveniently located downtown just across from the Hotel Providence and L'Epicureo restaurant (both excellent choices, incidentally). Music director Mark Johnson has a trained boy choir, but these two services are often sung by a mixed choir of (mostly) adults. Both take place in candle light. Treat yourself to a worship experience that will bless you.
Dress Code: Whatever you'd wear to church, anyway. (Grace is also the site of the U2 Eucharist, when dress gets a little more avant garde.)
Address: 175 Mathewson Street, Providence, RI 02903
Directions: Corner of Westminster Street and Mathewson Street. Parking available just off Snow Street in a lot adjacent to the church.
Phone: (401) 331-3225
I'm not part of the young, hip crowd, but I work just across the street from Tazza and from time to time I get seduced into having drinks after a long day...and it's clear that I'm missing a lot by not doing it more frequently. Tazza features a lot of live music (every night of the week, I believe), which is just a plus because the place is great for kicking back and enjoying a good band with a glass of wine and some of the excellent appetizers. Tazza has multiple seating options, including some comfortable sofas, and outdoor seating in good weather.
Dress Code: Looks to me like anything goes, but we are talking yuppie prices...
Address: 250 Westminster Street, Providence, RI 02903
Directions: Corner of Westminster Street and Union Street
Phone: (401) 421-3300
Theme: Live Music
More Reviews (87)
- See All Decent review for an in-hotel restaurant
- See All Time for a little culture: Theater,...
- See All Add a little spice to your life!
- See All Hot weiners: our late night food
- See All People here belong to Red Sox Nation
- See All Pining for Lebanese food?
Bunsch's Related Pages
Providence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a great place to live!"
- "Providence....our Capitol City"
- "Providence .... The Renaissance City"
- "Providence, Rhode island"
- "I live here"
- "Welcome to Providence, RI!"
- "Rhode Island and Providence Plantations"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Providence
- Hotels in Providence
- Transportation in Providence
- Nightlife in Providence
- Restaurants in Providence
- Shopping in Providence
- Warnings and Dangers in Providence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Providence
- 89 Reviews
- 92 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Providence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Providence
- Posted in Travel Alaska Forum "Re: Weather and Traveling"
- Commented on one of Bunsch's Providence travel pages
- updated a Providence Travel Page "What a great place to live!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "What a great place to live!"
- Wrote a Review Decent review for an in-hotel restaurant in Providence Restaurants
Photos in ProvidenceSee All Photos (92)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 89 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Volterra Intro, 35 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos
- New York City Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ravenna Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parma Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Haven Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos