"No, this is NOT the East Side of Providence" East Providence by Bunsch
East Providence Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 3 photos
East Providence actually comprises several villages, the best known of which are Rumford and Riverside, but it has a municipal center and a fair amount of commerce as well as beautiful shoreline, good restaurants, and interesting shops.
What it ISN'T is "the East Side," which is the descriptor used for a portion of the City of Providence located roughly East of Main Street and continuing to the Bay or the River, whichever comes first.
Unfortunately, lenders in Kansas and other states were unable to fathom the distinction. So when the City of Providence enacted predatory lending legislation in 2007, all heck broke loose. East Providence homebuyers were suddenly finding that there was no resale market for their mortgages. (Don't worry, this happened in North Providence, too.) The City Council changed the law and the hullabaloo subsided.
Horton's will never win a prize for ambiance, but it definitely has the best fried clams in Rhode Island -- not to... more travel advice
Bunsch's Related Pages
East Providence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "No, this is NOT the East Side of Providence"
- Create a East Providence Travel Page
Badges & Stats in East Providence
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to East Providence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in East Providence
Photos in East ProvidenceSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 89 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Volterra Intro, 35 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos
- New York City Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ravenna Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parma Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Haven Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos