Santa Fe Restaurant Tips by Bunsch

Santa Fe Restaurants: 138 reviews and 119 photos

A delightful dining space - Santa Fe

A delightful dining space

Aqua Santa: Can heaven be better than this?

I'm lucky, because I have a lot of friends who love to travel and they come back and tell me all about their journeys. One such friend returned from Santa Fe raving about a new restaurant called Aqua Santa -- which sounds to me like it means Holy Water and if so, they aren't far off the mark. We were only going to be in town for luncheon, so it was really fortunate that the restaurant was open and could accommodate two weary travelers. But we perked up almost immediately when we entered the cool precincts and saw some fabulous black-and-white photographs of literary and artistic scions (some of whom, I'll admit, we recognized only as "That's somebody famous.") and things improved even more with some icy Prosecco to sip as we mulled over the menu.

We were both heading for New Orleans in another week, so it might have seemed odd to order fried oysters in New Mexico, but that's where we started. Oh! I have never tasted anything quite so delicious. Perfect, creamy, garnished with watercress. It was an effort not to lick the plate.

We ordered one of the salads and one of the specialty pasta dishes. Both of these were divine, as well, but as we enjoyed them we also got to talking to our waiter -- who was the owner, apparently. He was absolutely charming and added greatly to our enjoyment of the experience.

Lunch ended with some splendidly robust coffee and a dessert which was almost too much of a good thing. I was really sorry that we couldn't just stay on and sample the dinner menu!

Lunch W-F noon to 2:00 PM. Dinner T-Sat 5:30-9:00 PM. Reservations recommended.

Favorite Dish: Read the recent New York Times article on the place...it will make your mouth water.

Address: 451 West Alameda, Santa Fe, NM

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: West Alameda just before DeFouri Street

• Written Jun 10, 2011

Bunsch

“Onward and upward!”

Badges & Stats in Santa Fe

Have you been to Santa Fe?

Latest Activity in Santa Fe