"GO BLUE" Top 5 Page for this destination Ann Arbor by Bunsch
Ann Arbor Travel Guide: 143 reviews and 159 photos
In the great state of Michigan, there is a kind of Hatfield/McCoy relationship between those who attended or at least root for the Michigan Wolverines, and those whose allegiance is to the Michigan State Spartans. I don't know what the historical record reveals, but my firm, non-fact-based belief is that Michigan has got the edge in terms of the football teams, and that State has the edge in basketball. Yup, they play hockey, too, and a lot of other sports, but you can't really call yourself a Michigander if you don't know what's up with the big two. Having spent some early years (pre-K) and later ones (law) in Ann Arbor, daughter of a Michigan professor, former wife of a Michigan doctor, I think you can probably guess that I'm all about maize and blue. Now that Bo is gone, and Lloyd has retired, I am waiting on tenterhooks to see whether we can regain our usual Rose Bowl form.
Three years into the era of Rich Rodriguez, I'm still waiting...
Spending so much time in Ann Arbor, I found it a veritable hive of cultural activity. Superb music and theater are available, of course, but also fun events like the outdoor movies shown on the plaza behind the Power Center. Sports enthusiasts find the town has plenty in the way of running and biking trails, kayaking, canoeing, and municipal centers where a range of fitness classes are taught. There are excellent libraries. Those who enjoy a range of shopping experiences will not be disappointed. The U provides a huge energy driver to the town, but Ann Arbor itself has much to offer.
- Pros:Big university town, with all that implies
- Cons:Big university town, with all that implies
- In a nutshell:A good place to be at any age
I'd like to be even-handed here: probably there was a point at which the A2 Art Fair was a fresh and intriguing event... more travel advice
The M-Den is the official University of Michigan Athletic Department vendor of all things Michigan. Whether you are man,... more travel advice
Bunsch's Related Pages
Ann Arbor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GO BLUE"
- "Ann Arbor"
- "Ann Arbor, MI"
- "Don't go to Ann Arbor to make friends"
- "I visit often"
- "Ann Arbor, Michigan"
- "Ann Arbor -- Where I Live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ann Arbor
- Hotels in Ann Arbor
- Transportation in Ann Arbor
- Nightlife in Ann Arbor
- Restaurants in Ann Arbor
- Shopping in Ann Arbor
- Warnings and Dangers in Ann Arbor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ann Arbor
- 11 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Ann Arbor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ann Arbor
Photos in Ann ArborSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 89 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Volterra Intro, 35 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos
- New York City Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ravenna Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parma Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos