"Major ship-building, major beauty on the Kennebec" Bath by Bunsch
Bath Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 47 photos
Aching to see an Arleigh Burke or Zumwalt-class destroyer being built from scratch, or to see an immense craft in dry-dock? If you're north of Boston, you'll want to head for Bath, site of the Bath Iron Works. Founded in 1884, though more recently a part of General Dynamics, BIW is a huge engine of commerce, and it keeps the United States Navy in vessels and support.
Bath itself is a pretty little town, with a lot going for it -- excellent restaurants, interesting shops, the stunning view of the Kennebec River, and natives as friendly as any in Maine will ever be, ayuh.
If you want stunning fresh, delicious and organic food, there's only one place to be in Bath on a Saturday morning... more travel advice
Okay, I can hearing you thinking...why would a tourist want to visit a shop with various cooking implements for sale?... more travel advice
Bunsch's Related Pages
Bath Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bath has a Shipbuilding History"
- "Major ship-building, major beauty on the Kennebec"
- "Bath, Maine"
- "Basaic Bath Page"
- "MY ONLY BATH PHOTOS.....SO FAR"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bath
- Hotels in Bath
- Transportation in Bath
- Restaurants in Bath
- Shopping in Bath
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bath
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Bath?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bath
Photos in BathSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 89 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Volterra Intro, 35 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos
- New York City Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ravenna Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parma Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos