"A Very Strange Venue for a Church Convention" Top 5 Page for this destination West Hollywood by Bunsch
West Hollywood Travel Guide: 114 reviews and 423 photos
Okay, so I wasn't really expecting to find myself in West Hollywood for a gathering of Episcopalians -- please, no jokes about Vickie Gene! But that's where we all stayed, and I must say that things were mostly tame, unlike the photograph of the float from a recent Gay Pride Parade. In fact, West Hollywood seemed pretty much like any other moderately well-off area in the USA, until the sun set. Then the clientele at the bars and restaurants was disproportionately male. Further than that, I'm not prepared to say.
A mile or so from our hotel on Santa Monica Boulevard, one reaches a lovely linear park and the border of Beverly Hills. Rodeo Drive and the shopping district is to the left, and extremely pricey real estate is to the right. The house immediately behind the church where we met had to be one-of-a-kind. Check it out.
The third mission founded in California by Fr. Junipero Serra, the Mission San Gabriel is a pleasant place to sit enjoying the cool sound of the fountain or the peal of its bells. There is a rudimentary museum, but my imagination was captured by the "camposanto" -- field of saints -- where 6000 Indians and numerous Catholic brothers are buried amongst flowers.
Not in West Hollywood, but not too far away, either: All Saints Episcopal Church in Beverly Hills, just down Santa... more travel advice
Bunsch's Related Pages
West Hollywood Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WeHo, Not a Ho-Hum Place!"
- "A Very Strange Venue for a Church Convention"
- "Home of the Sunset Boulevard"
- "The Super Spectacular Halloween Carnival"
- "Yubert's West Hollywood Page"
- "Beach_dog's West Hollywood Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in West Hollywood
- Hotels in West Hollywood
- Transportation in West Hollywood
- Nightlife in West Hollywood
- Restaurants in West Hollywood
- Shopping in West Hollywood
- Warnings and Dangers in West Hollywood
- See All...
Badges & Stats in West Hollywood
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to West Hollywood?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in West Hollywood
Photos in West HollywoodSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 91 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Volterra Intro, 35 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ravenna Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parma Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos