Krakow Transportation Tips by Maggies
Krakow Transportation: 297 reviews and 281 photos
Coming here by plane you will get to Balice International Airport. Then, you can reach the city by taxi or bus. The taxi is not too expensive and depending on the traffic, getting to town takes 15 minutes to 45 minutes. The bus is cheaper, but it’s uncomfortable and takes much more time, so I wouldn’t recommend it.
You can also get to Krakow by train or by coach. Both coach and train station are just in the centre of the city, it’s a walking distance to most of the tourist attractions.
The traffic in town gets worse and worse every day. So taking taxi or bus takes way too much time to get somewhere. The better way of getting around is taking a tram. The tickets are available in every kiosk.
I don’t recommend you coming here by car. Except for the traffic you would have to face the parking problems. Plus, the old town is closed for traffic, only taxis and people living in the area can drive in here.
Here is the map of the centre of Krakow. The green stripe surrounding the Old Town is called the Planty Gardens . Only taxis and cars with special permission are allowed to drive there. So almost all the Old Town is a pedestrian area, not every street but most of them.
More Reviews (63)
- See All Kraków Valley Golf & Country Club
- See All SALT MINE in Wieliczka
- See All Clubbing
- See All SALT MINE in WIELICZKA
- See All Don Corleone
Maggies' Related Pages
Krakow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heart of Europe and Poland"
- "Krakow - Ancient Capital of Poland"
- "Krakow: Rome in Poland."
- "Krakow ~ Everybody's Favourite!"
- "How could you not love Krakow?"
- "EUROMEET IN KRAKOW POLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krakow
- Hotels in Krakow
- Transportation in Krakow
- Nightlife in Krakow
- Restaurants in Krakow
- Shopping in Krakow
- Warnings and Dangers in Krakow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Krakow
- 65 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 24 Forum posts
- 394 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krakow
Photos in KrakowSee All Photos (71)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 54 reviews, 134 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krakow Intro, 65 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhodes (Island) Intro, 54 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 32 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 47 reviews, 47 photos
- London Intro, 44 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zakopane Intro, 35 reviews, 48 photos
- Vienna Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 36 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wawel Castle- 341 Reviews, 522 Photos
- Auschwitz- 108 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Jewish Quarter - Kazimierz- 155 Reviews, 298 Photos
- Wieliczka Salt Mine- 69 Reviews, 172 Photos
- Market Square - Rynek Glowny- 158 Reviews, 257 Photos
- St. Mary's Church- 127 Reviews, 230 Photos
- St. Florian's Gate and the Barbican- 110 Reviews, 174 Photos
- Cloth Hall - Sukiennice- 84 Reviews, 142 Photos
- Church of Saints Peter & Paul- 34 Reviews, 57 Photos
- Oskar Schindler's Factory- 6 Reviews, 19 Photos
See All Krakow Things to Do