"ZAKOPANE - WINTER CAPITAL OF POLAND" Top 5 Page for this destination Zakopane by Maggies

Zakopane Travel Guide: 360 reviews and 855 photos

Zakopane is the little town at the base of the Tatra Mountains. Skiing and hiking are the prime reasons why people come here but the unique wooden architecture and the atmosphere of the place are charming as well. Though the real skiers may be disappointed.

• Last visit to Zakopane: Feb 2007
  • Intro Updated Mar 3, 2007

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2008 at 7:39 AM

I have come back to your page again. I would love to visit Zakopane on my next trip. There is a gallery there I would like to find.

• betako3's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2008 at 11:31 AM

I really enjoyed this page about Zakopane and you've got some great pictures too :) Hope to go there again this year.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2007 at 9:31 AM

Wonderful winter scenes. Some lovely photos, here.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2006 at 3:45 PM

Loved the photos, especially the ice climbing - crazy! Wonderful panoramas in Things to Do tips but would have liked to know where they were as I plan to head over next year.

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2006 at 12:15 PM

Zakopane looks lovely in the winter. Hope it's as nice in summer, i'm visiting here in 2 weeks.

• broadoak2006's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2006 at 10:52 AM

Enjoyed your photos and info. I travelled from Newcastle UK to Zakopane by bus for a Hiking holiday, It took 4 days !!-but well worth it, the Tatras are +++STUNNING+++ Martin M

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2006 at 9:44 PM

Beautiful photos of Zakopane. I haven't been there since 1992, but I'd love to go back some day. I'll return to explore more of your pages when I have more time. fergy.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2005 at 11:13 AM

Nice Zakopane pages. I'll have to come back in the winter sometime - sure was beautiful in the summer. Sheep cheese - yummy!

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2005 at 1:59 PM

Magda, great to see Zakopane in snow !! I visited this place in summer... long ago, but I can still remember that special cheese !!

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2005 at 11:40 AM

Wonderful place! I would like to visit it.

Maggies Visits Here Frequently!

Maggies

“My home is where my heart is...”

Badges & Stats in Zakopane

Have you been to Zakopane?

Latest Activity in Zakopane