"SEVILLA" Sevilla by Maggies

Sevilla Travel Guide: 2,254 reviews and 5,775 photos

My best friend Kasia, her boyfriend and I came here for one day trip from Granada. Only one day but that was enough to see how beautiful and charming the city is. I hope I'll be back here one day.
This city has been influenced by many different cultures: Phoenicians, Greeks and Carthaginians were the first to live here. Romans conquered the city in 205 BC, soon later it became the Betica Capital. After many other dominations, in 712 the Muslims conquered Sevilla. They stayed in the city till 1248, when Fernando III of Castilla and Leon started ruling here. Then it became the capital of the "Castilla y León".

• Last visit to Sevilla: Nov 2001
  • Intro Updated Nov 29, 2002

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2008 at 6:21 AM

great tips Magda! they bring back fond memories

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2007 at 6:56 AM

Interesting sights--you must have had a wonderful time! I had no idea it would still be warm in November...makes for light packing!

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2006 at 6:13 AM

thanks for the tips - my next destination - hope we meet in Dresden later

• livi4's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2004 at 2:48 PM

that hotel alfonso XIII. is just beautiful. i saw it.

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2004 at 4:25 PM

Nice page Maggie. Sevilla is one of my favorite towns in the world.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2004 at 3:21 PM

Spain remains a destination missing from my passport. I really need to change that. Your Seville page is another look at a lovely and interesting land.

• filipdebont's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2004 at 3:12 PM

Mice page with great pictures, well done Maggie

• Dec 19, 2003 at 11:14 PM

Lovely page, beautiful phtographs and grat tips. Many many happy returns of the day. Wishing you a happy birthday and all the best for future.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2003 at 4:20 PM

a lovely page and great pics ! I wished, I had more time , when I was in Sevilla !

• Imaniac's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2003 at 3:45 PM

Wow - great page. I absolutely loved Seville. But I forgot to bring my camera - aaargh. Good reason to go back though.

Maggies

“My home is where my heart is...”

Badges & Stats in Sevilla

Have you been to Sevilla?

Latest Activity in Sevilla