"MAGNIFICO BUENOS AIRES" Buenos Aires by Maggies

Buenos Aires Travel Guide: 4,808 reviews and 8,950 photos

Buenos Aires is a vibrant, one of a kind city of 15 million inhabitants which is almost half of Argentine's total. There are skyscrapers and beautiful art deco architecture, narrow cobbled streets and wide Paris-like avenues with sidewalk cafes and exclusive shops. There is also the widest in the world (140 m wide) Avenida 9 de Julio. With all the traffic the city gets, few lines of some streets change the direction in the afternoon, which might be a bit confusing. And once you stop on the red light, the advertisments (being carried by few men) walk on the zebra.
BsAs has many beautiful parks where you can see walkers, joggers, rollerbladers and professional dog-walkers called paseadores, walking up to 12 dogs together.
BsAs is the home for tango, which has been popular for the last century. It's so emotional and intense... and it's incredibly difficult.
Other BsAs' pecularity is the number of psychologists in the city, it's highest in the world - 1 per 1000 people.
As I said, it's one of a kind!!!!

• In a nutshell:One of a kind huge city, soooo impressive.
  • Last visit to Buenos Aires: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated May 8, 2005

• gwened's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2013 at 1:23 AM

nice page on Buenos Aires, used to go there often in the 90's then came to Europe. cheers

• trvlrtom's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2007 at 10:46 AM

Hi Maggie, I'll be taking my first trip to BA in July. Thanks for the tips - I'm sure I'll enjoy the city as much as you have. Tom

• cadiana88's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 11:30 AM

Best regards from Buenos Aires, I live there, and it's nice to know how tourists like my city.

• oyesabesque's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2007 at 1:33 PM

Hi Maggie, I live here in BsAs and It's very nice to meet peolple that talks so well about my city!! Thanks!!

• tak_pap's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2006 at 8:14 AM

beautiful city. beautiful presentation, comments and tips. well done

• sabrina_florida's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2006 at 5:32 PM

I'm glad you enjoyed my city! Keep up the good work, your pages are really nice! :)

• BaHRaiNLoVeR's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2006 at 2:46 AM

beautiful city....beautiful lady

• Erkmen's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2006 at 3:15 PM

great tips... And lovely pics.. thks

• benazer's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2006 at 3:41 PM

Enjoyed BA as much as you did,what an interesting city and must say a very good page on BA you have here. Happy travells.

• Wiseman1964's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2006 at 10:14 AM

Hi Magda, I like your BA tips. Most of them are very good! I go to BA often and love the city! Best wishes to you! Ken

Maggies

“My home is where my heart is...”

Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires

Have you been to Buenos Aires?

Latest Activity in Buenos Aires