"I can reach highest mountains..." Fitz Roy by Maggies
Fitz Roy Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 156 photos
El Chalten is the base town for many excursions but the most important are the trails to spectacular mountains Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre. These are some of the most impressive peaks in Andes that attract people from all over the world and challenge the climbers because of their vertical granite walls. There are some treks that are quite easy, depending on how far do you want to go. You can get to some view points after easy walks and admire the mountains. The views are really breathtaking.
Right after coming to El Calafate and checking into our Hostel we took a quick decision on how to spend the 3 days. Sure we wanted to see Perito Moreno but we weren't sure what could we fit in the rest of the time. The stuff at the Hostel came in extremly helpful and practically tailored our trip. We went to see Perito Moreno right away so we had 2 full days to make a good use of it . We went to El Chalten the next morning, did a hike to Laguna Torre at the bottom of Cerro Torre still the same day, did a hike to Laguna de Los Tres at the foot of Fitz Roy next day and caught the afternoon return coach to El Calafate.
- Pros:Some of the most impressive mountains in the world not being visited by many tourists yet.
- Cons:The base town is not easy to get to.
Well, in El Chalten you mainly have an option of going to the store, buying some products, bringing them back to Rancho... more travel advice
The remote town hidden between the granite wall was only founded in 1985. Argentinians created a base point for climbers... more travel advice
Maggies' Related Pages
Fitz Roy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "El Chaltén - Home of Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre"
- "The most beautiful place in Argentina"
- "I can reach highest mountains..."
- "Photo Journal of The Fitz Roy Range Los Glaciers"
- "FITZ ROY"
- "Mountains & autumn foliage in El Chalten Argentina"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fitz Roy
- Hotels in Fitz Roy
- Transportation in Fitz Roy
- Nightlife in Fitz Roy
- Restaurants in Fitz Roy
- Warnings and Dangers in Fitz Roy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fitz Roy
- 16 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Fitz Roy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fitz Roy
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 54 reviews, 134 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krakow Intro, 65 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhodes (Island) Intro, 54 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 32 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 47 reviews, 47 photos
- London Intro, 44 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zakopane Intro, 35 reviews, 48 photos
- Vienna Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 36 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue