"Península Valdés and Punta Tombo" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Madryn by Maggies

Puerto Madryn Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 323 photos

Open air Zoo

Puerto Madryn is the base for most tourists who come to see two beautiful Nature Reserves. These are Peninsula Valdes and also Punta Tombo. Both of them are unique wildlife sanctuaries. Some of the animals you can see here are whales, elephant seals and sea lions, dolphins, penguins, birds of all kinds and guanacos.
The UNESCO has declared the Peninsula to be a Natural World Heritage.

• Pros:One of the best places in the world for watching marine fauna.
  • Cons:Quite expenive, you can't visit it on your own unless you have a car.
  • In a nutshell:Open air Zoo
  • Last visit to Puerto Madryn: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2005

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2007 at 4:55 AM

Hi Maggie, love the pinguin scenary, thx for reminding me that Argentina is a beautiful big country

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2007 at 11:47 AM

Another fascinating page, Maggie! I enjoy your comments and photos. Happy travels!

• pikuu's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2006 at 12:15 PM

You saw the Patagonia directly. Lucky You!! This is the sort of places I like to travel the most. South Argentina, Chile, New Zeland, South Africa - why they are so far from Krakow!?! I admire you photo talent - the Patagonia road series is excellent!!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2006 at 5:49 PM

Great page and destination. Lucky you to get there. I like your pictures of animals, especially that one with armadillo.

• Mailo's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2006 at 8:35 PM

Magda, I´m reading all your tips, this will be really helpfull for me. great tips. Mailo

• hivaoa1's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2006 at 1:13 AM

hello, i was here a couple of years ago, oh i loveeeedddd the penguins so cute thanks for sharing the pics suerte!

• Wiseman1964's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2006 at 10:22 AM

Hi Magda, I love this place and was there in 1996. I missed the whales by one week. Great tips! Ken

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2005 at 12:14 PM

Pizza and beer, a great custom the world over. Almost missed this Atlantic Ocean shot in my quest to see what you ate...lol.

Maggies

“My home is where my heart is...”

Badges & Stats in Puerto Madryn

Have you been to Puerto Madryn?

Latest Activity in Puerto Madryn