"Spices, Fabric & Merchants" Aleppo by onfoot
Aleppo Travel Guide: 754 reviews and 1,837 photos
I remember as a kid who was brought up in the Middle east, that most stories started with "there was a merchant from Aleppo" ... But to actually be in Aleppo & get to see that people there are almost all merchants was a complete surprise. To actually see that the markets and shops that people 1500 years ago had built & used are still being used now for the same purposes & by the decendants of the same family!!
Just walking in the covered market is enough to give you a strong shot of history & knowledge.
Aleppo had been renowned for being a center of vocal arts through old times, but to actually go there and get to attend one of them concerts where a bunch of old geezers sing :) that was awsome ....
- Pros:People are extra nice
- Cons:Construction & reconstruction .... almost everywhere
- In a nutshell:How cities looked like in "one thousand & one nights!"
The hostel you dream of, is the way this hostel advertises itself! The place is very warm & personal. It's an old arabic... more travel advice
onfoot's Related Pages
Aleppo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aleppo is the place to be!!!"
- "Aleppo - حلب"
- "Aleppo - the Oldest City in the World"
- "Syria's second city - unique and wonderful."
- "Aleppine Photos - Dec 2006"
- "Vt-meeting at Touring Club"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aleppo
- Hotels in Aleppo
- Transportation in Aleppo
- Nightlife in Aleppo
- Restaurants in Aleppo
- Shopping in Aleppo
- Warnings and Dangers in Aleppo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aleppo
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Aleppo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aleppo
Photos in AleppoSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Amman Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Aqaba Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Wadi Rum Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Petra Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Dhahab Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Galway Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Aleppo Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Alexandria Intro, 2 photos
- Umm Qays Intro, 2 photos