"My Travels" kristen05's Profile

My ideal travels

When I travel, I love to see historic places. Since I was a history major, it is fascinating for me to see the places I've read about in books in real life. I also love museums. When I was in Paris, if I could have, I would have spent the entire day at the Louvre. I spent a good 2 or 3 hours at the British Museum in London. I always find it fascinating to see new places and meet people from around the world. I love learning about new cultures and new places.

Next on my list are Washington, DC, Boston and a day (or two if I can manage) in New York in either March or April. I've been to Washington, DC before but it was with a high school trip so I'm looking forward to seeing the city on my terms. I'm really looking forward to this trip since I haven't been to many places in the US that are outside California. If you have any tips on things I can't miss while in DC, Boston or New York, please tell me since I'm not really familiar with any of those cities.

California

Since I've live my entire life in California, I've seen much of the state and it's astonishing how varied the landscape is. From the coast to the mountains (with snow in winter!) to the deserts further inland to the lush forests in Northern California, you really can visit pretty much any landscape you want here. I highly recommend spending time both in Northern and Southern California and in the cities and the wilderness.

I love driving along PCH (Pacific Coast Highway, a.k.a. Highway 1). It's nice to get away from the stress of life and just enjoy the ocean. When I lived in Santa Cruz (a bit south of San Francisco), I loved going to the beach or walking through the forests on the campus of the University of California Santa Cruz.

Although I've lived in the Los Angeles area my whole life, I still haven't done much exploring. I plan on wandering around Hollywood and seeing all the places that were big in the Golden Age of Hollywood. I also need to rediscover the many museums in downtown.

All in all, California is a great place to live. It's very laid back and so full of natural beauty that I don't think I'll ever get tired of it (although I could live without the heat.)

London

Since London was the first place I visited that was outside of the US, it has a special place in my heart. I spent 4 months there studying abroad and then went back after my college graduation just to visit. It is such a fascinating place and I love just wandering around the streets of London.

Paris

I have to admit that Paris scares me a little, but I think that is mainly because my French is so bad. I want to dispel the myth that French people hate Americans. I've been to Paris twice now and everyone I encountered were very nice and helpful. I would try to speak to them in French and they would respond in English. Paris is gorgous and I wold recommend taking a cruise on the Seine at night so you can see all the building lit up. Take a stroll along the Seine and enjoy the beauty of the city.

Ireland

I'm a California girl, so I haven't seen much lush vegetation. I was in Ireland for 6 days and I was constantly amazed by the beauty of Ireland. It's so green! I hope to go back and spend more time discovering the rest of the country.

• Intro Updated Dec 3, 2006

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
kristen05's Profile Photo

kristen05

“I want to see the world”

Real Name