"Aggstein - Castle over the Wachau" Aggstein by longsanborn
Aggstein Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 18 photos
Aggstein village is located on the right bank of the Danube river. Over looking this village is the Aggstein castle ruins, which are situated on a steep cliff over looking the Wachau, the Danube river. The castle was built by Manegold von Aggstein around 1100 and was extended in the 15th century.
Aggstein is a nice area for hiking and the ruin is a nice hiking goal with a good view over the Danube valley.
Austrians go to Buschenschanks* - a kind of winery pub/wine tavern - mainly to drink wine and socialize/hang out with... more travel advice
longsanborn's Related Pages
Aggstein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aggstein - Castle over the Wachau"
- "Aggstein- castle ruin"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Aggstein
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Aggstein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aggstein
Photos in AggsteinSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 173 reviews, 436 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miri Intro, 39 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 10 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 26 reviews, 22 photos
- Sorrento Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Amalfi Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Piran Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues