"VIENNA, AUSTRIA ~ MUSIC IS IN THE AIR !" Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna by longsanborn
Vienna Travel Guide: 7,910 reviews and 20,796 photos
I came to Vienna, Austria, in July 1999 for work reasons and I've been here ever since. Initially, I dislike living in Vienna but as years went by, I've grown to love this lovely quiet city. But alas, I will leave Vienna in November 2011 after living here for 12 years, and moving on to The Hague, Netherlands, for work reasons.
Vienna is a beautiful romantic city and it's famous for its coffee culture and cafes, classical music and concert halls, operas, historical buildings, horse-drawn carriages, historical arts & modern museums, Mozart & Beethoven, Freud, Swarovski crystals, and best of all, the excellent public transport.
Vienna is also a great city for shopping as there are international chain stores and designer boutiques around, and also many local shops and boutiques competing for locals and tourists money. A non-EU tourist can get tax-free refund if the purchase exceeds Eur 80; just submit the form at the airport tax-free and money can be return.
For tourist visitors to Vienna, I have included a lot of Restaurant tips for you. I know how it is when traveling around, you get hungry and want to have a good but inexpensive meal. I have included "Cheap & Good" places to eat in my Tips. For the local residents and frequent visitors to Vienna, I have included several tips on Restaurants I have tried out. My recommendations may not agree with yours, but I hope you had fun trying out the Restaurants I have listed here. Bon Appetit!
Anyway, I can write so many things about Vienna, but I don't think I have enough space here. Just come and visit Vienna, and enjoy it for yourself
If you come to Vienna for the first time, you must come to Stephansplatz, the center of Vienna city.
The Stephansdom cathedral dominates the square with its majestic towering roofs and sphires. Visit inside the cathedral to see the beautiful high domed ceilings, arcs and numerous religious art paintings and statues. You are allowed to stroll inside the cathedral as long as there is no church service.
Later, you can stroll around the square and see the numerous shops and designer boutiques that line the main shopping streets in the city center. If the weather is sunny and warm, you can sit at one of the many street cafes, have coffee and cakes, and then watch the people go by.
Vienna has many delightful and interesting museums for all tastes in arts. Check this out for more information on all the museums in Vienna: Museums
Expand your cultural horizon and savor the unique - traditional or modern - taste in arts... !
- Pros:Beautiful, Charming, Romantic and Full of Surprises
- Cons:Crowded with tourists. Language problems.
- In a nutshell:I love Vienna city - it's a bitter-sweet taste of culture and traditions
Sunshine restaurant has cantonese dishes, one of them being crispy roast duck. Good food. Good fast service and... more travel advice
Nice ambiance and open concept little restaurant in the middle of the famous Naschmarkt. Not only you can have breakfast... more travel advice
- See All Mozart Balls (Not what you think)
- See All Route change in Tram No. 1 and No. 2
- See All Visit the Tiergarten Schönbrunn...
- See All Vienna and the Euro 2008
- See All Check out Taborstrasse in Leopoldstadt...
- See All Beware of Handphone Snatchers!
- See All Soft Romances at Museum Quartier
- See All To Tip/Not to Tip? How much? Tough...
- See All Roller Blading in Vienna's Many Parks
- See All Prepare for a Hot, Hot, Hot Summer
- See All Only for the Ladies!
Been to Vienna?Share your travels with the world!
longsanborn's Related Pages
Vienna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My birthplace & the place where I feel at home..."
- "VIENNA, AUSTRIA ~ MUSIC IS IN THE AIR !"
- "WALTZ INTO VIENNA!"
- "Rainy day in Vienna 2006, sunny in 2013"
- "VIENNA AND THE PASSION OF ART"
- "Vienna and its never-ending history"
- "Just More then Mozart, Strauss und Sacher torte"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vienna
- Hotels in Vienna
- Transportation in Vienna
- Nightlife in Vienna
- Restaurants in Vienna
- Shopping in Vienna
- Warnings and Dangers in Vienna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vienna
- 173 Reviews
- 436 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vienna
- updated a Vienna Travelogue "VT Meeting on 2 June 2007 in Vienna"
- Commented on one of longsanborn's Vienna tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sunshine has good roast duck"
- Wrote a Review Italian from Naples about Ristorante Da Gino E Maria in Vienna Restaurants
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Euromeet 2010 in Krakow,..."
Photos in ViennaSee All Photos (436)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 173 reviews, 436 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miri Intro, 39 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 10 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 26 reviews, 22 photos
- Sorrento Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Amalfi Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Piran Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tuscany Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos