"Kabah" Kabah by dek516
Kabah Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 27 photos
As part of our tour package to Uxmal we went to Kabah, which is about 20 minutes away. Kabah is much smaller than Uxmal and can be toured in under an hour. We only had 30 minutes, so we missed a few sites, but got to see the majority of structures.
Not much is known about Kabah's history. It seems to have reached its peak around 900 AD, although items there date back centuries before. It was abandoned by 1200 AD.
Admission to Kabah in 2008 cost 35 pesos. There are no restrooms or food options on site, so come prepared.
Behind the Palace of the Masks is El Palacio. You can climb the steps and look through the many doorways at the top,... more travel advice
dek516's Related Pages
Kabah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "maya archeological site dedicated to god of rain"
- "Kabah on La Ruta Puuc"
- "Puuc Route - Kabah"
- "Mayasite Kabah - Close to Uxmal"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kabah
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Kabah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kabah
Photos in KabahSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mérida Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos
- Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos
- Mount Vernon Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Anaheim Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Mujeres Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Uxmal Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos