"Hong Kong" Hong Kong by citytrip

Hong Kong Travel Guide: 8,370 reviews and 20,332 photos

I stayed in Hong Kong for a couple of nights on my journey to and from Thailand and Malaysia. On our way out we stayed on Hong Kong Island and visited the various attractions on the Island, Ocean Park, The Peak, Lan Kwai Fong. Travelling back we stayed at The YMCA Salisbury hotel on Kowloon overlooking the Clock Tower, Avenue of Stars, Hong Kong Island Skyline and it gave us a great view of the symphony of Lights every night!

Hong Kong International Airport is built on the Island of Chek Lap Kok, When you land here you get the sea and mountain views. This is a photo of the airport I took from an adjacent island when on the Ngong Ping cable car on Lantau Island travelling back down to Tung Chung after seing the Giant Buddha

The Giant Buddha at the top of Ngong Ping plateau on Lantau Island is the world's tallest outdoor seated bronze Buddha statue. You climb up 268 steps to reach the top of Buddhas platform. It's worth the climb!

• Pros:Symphony of Lights
  • Cons:Smog
  • In a nutshell:A great city with lots to see and do.
  • Last visit to Hong Kong: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Sep 25, 2008

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2008 at 12:22 PM

Hi Emma! You weren't kidding - you really are building new pages on VT! :-) Now I feel guilty for not doing likewise! Great start on HK - I also enjoyed the Symphony of Lights show, but unfortunately never made it to see the Giant Buddha!

citytrip

“Travel where you can when you can”

Badges & Stats in Hong Kong

Have you been to Hong Kong?

Latest Activity in Hong Kong