"Loughborough" Loughborough by citytrip
Loughborough Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 67 photos
Loughborough is the market town where I grew up. I lived here for 18 years. Loughborough is probably most famous for its university, which is renowned for its excellence in sport. Loughborough has a variety of shops but only a few smaller major chain stores. There is a market each Thursday and Saturday. There’s a variety of pubs, bars and restaurants and even a handful of nightclubs. The town has a cinema and a theatre inside the town hall. Each November the fair comes to town for half a week (Wed-Sat). Loughborough is located between Leicester and Nottingham and Derby is relatively close. Birmingham and Sheffield are only an hour’s drive away. East midlands airport is only 7 or 8 miles away.
- In a nutshell:Quite a good little town but I prefer the city life!
citytrip's Related Pages
Loughborough Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Loughborough - A Univeristy Town."
- "My Hometown"
- "Welcome to Loughborough (Luf-bra)."
- "Loughborough, Leicestershire"
- "Loughborough or Lufbra?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Loughborough
- Hotels in Loughborough
- Transportation in Loughborough
- Nightlife in Loughborough
- Restaurants in Loughborough
- Shopping in Loughborough
- Warnings and Dangers in Loughborough
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Loughborough
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Loughborough?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Loughborough
Top 10 Pages
- Melton Mowbray Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Sheffield Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Newquay Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Cologne Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Loughborough Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- The Mumbles Intro, 1 review, 6 photos