"Rhossili Bay and Worms Head" Rhossili by citytrip
Rhossili Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 49 photos
A nice beach, part owned by the National Trust. No kites allowed on National Trust end of the beach, lots of kites flying the other end of the beach though. Good waves for surfing although no life guards on beach but plenty of surfers around. There's a ship wreck on the beach but not much remains of it these days. It can be seen when the tide is out.
A short Cliff top walk from Rhossili. National Trust Shop near Car Park with Tide Times so you don't get cut off.
At low tide you can walk across the rocks to Worms Head from Rhossili Cliff Top. You only have around 3 hours though to get there and back before the tide cuts you off again. Crossing out of this time slot has proved fatal in the past, even to strong swimmers, the current is strong!
- Pros:Good Surfing Beach, good for paragliding and Kite flying. Nice food in Cafe on campsite.
- Cons:Long walk to the beach either across fields or down hundreds of steps. No lifeguards.
- In a nutshell:Nice beach, good surf, great views.
citytrip's Related Pages
Rhossili Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Relax in Rhosilli"
- "Rhossili on the Gower"
- "Rhossili Bay and Worms Head"
- "The Worms Head"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rhossili
- Restaurants in Rhossili
- Warnings and Dangers in Rhossili
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rhossili
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Rhossili?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rhossili
Photos in RhossiliSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Melton Mowbray Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Sheffield Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Newquay Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Cologne Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Loughborough Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- The Mumbles Intro, 1 review, 6 photos