Hamburg Off The Beaten Path Tips by chris.hh
Hamburg Off The Beaten Path: 104 reviews and 160 photos
Here are some websites to some places that are worth a visit if you have more time in Hamburg:
Lüneburg is a cute city close to Hamburg with lots of framework houses, also a natural resort with heathland:
Official website of the city: www.lueneburg.de
Website of the whole area: www.lueneburger-heide.de
The city of Lübeck is world cultural heritage and famous for its marzipan and x-mas market - so also a good tip for the December time;-)
Marzipan, Thomas Mann, Kultur, Holstentor, Unesco-Weltkulturerbe – das sind die Begriffe, die vielen zuerst zu Lübeck einfallen. It almost 215.000 inhabitants. From here you also can go the the Eas Sea coast.
Official website of the city: www.luebeck.de
The "Altes Land" (>old land) is famous for the huge fruit plantages. The Elbe river is close and a tour with a bicycle is perfect, lots of farm that sell fruit and vegetable, lots of framework houses and some thatched roofs.
Bremen is also possible in a one day trip - although Bremen has to offer more than that.
Opening of the Season in Spring
You do not need to leave the city if you are tired of the built environment. Why not have a break in the Stadtpark? It is pretty a large green area where people meet when sun is shining for some sports or just hanging around. Sometimes it also seems to be an open air disco... A big plus for this location: it is allowed to have BBQs here - so as soon as sun comes out in spring you'll find "Hamburgers" barbecueing...
There are also many paths for a walk and you definately can find quiet places and enjoy cake and coffee in little cafes or have a beer in beergardens. Also have a look at the planetarium. They are supposed to have a great show but it is recommended to make ticket reservations. For more info: www.planetarium-hamburg.de.
If you really need to cool down there is also an open air bath - however it's a natural lake - not everybody enjoys water plants grabbing the feet... Those who prefer to enjoy the sunset might do that in the beergarden next to the "pool".
There is also a nice open air stage (Freilichtbühne Stadtpark). In summer there are many concerts of German artists as well as internationally known ones. It's also nice to sit down next to the place and enjoy music if you do not want to pay for a ticket - it also is a cool atmosphere...
More Reviews (58)
- See All Green Metropolis at Waterside
- See All Pub in Granpa's Living Room...
- See All Cool Design not only for High Prices
- See All Metro from Main Station to airport
- See All sport clubs
- See All Small Shopping Mall
chris.hh's Related Pages
Hamburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hamburg - a lot of great memories"
- "Port Hamburg Welcomes You!"
- "The Forgotten Hamburg"
- "FIFA came & went! But There's Still Lots To Do!"
- "Welcome to Hamburg"
- "In the footsteps of . . . Schnabelewopski?!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hamburg
- Hotels in Hamburg
- Transportation in Hamburg
- Nightlife in Hamburg
- Restaurants in Hamburg
- Shopping in Hamburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Hamburg
- See All...
Explore the World
- Beersheba Hotels
- Anabu Primero Hotels
- Étretat Hotels
- Bardolino Hotels
- James River Plantations
- Catalunya Off The Beaten Path
- Essen Off The Beaten Path
- Columbus Off The Beaten Path
- Young Off The Beaten Path
- Valkenburg Off The Beaten Path
- Esperance Off The Beaten Path
- Medellín Off The Beaten Path
- Alcântara Off The Beaten Path
- Pretoria Off The Beaten Path
- Prince Edward Island Off The Beaten Path
- Jasper National Park Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Hamburg
- 60 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 32 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Hamburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hamburg
Top 5 Pages
- Hamburg Intro, 60 reviews, 7 photos
- Germany Intro, 27 reviews
- Nürnberg Intro, 13 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erlangen Intro, 7 reviews
- Oslo 4 reviews
Latest Hamburg hotel reviews
- Gastwerk Hotel Hamburg
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 8, 2013
- Grand Elysee Hotel
- 209 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Empire Riverside Hotel
- 107 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Hotel Residenz Hafen Hamburg
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Jugendherberge Auf dem Stintfang
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 3, 2013
- NH Hamburg-City
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Eden Hotel
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 27, 2013
- Best Western Hotel St. Raphael
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Hotel Oase
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 15, 2013
- Wikinger Hof
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 4, 2013
- Clipper Elb-Lodge
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 21, 2013
- Hotel Stadthaus
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Hotel Wedina
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 19, 2013
- Holiday Inn Hamburg
- 92 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Reeperbahn - St. Pauli- 35 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Town Hall - Rathaus- 41 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Port - Hafen- 76 Reviews, 153 Photos
- Fischmarkt- 17 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Speicherstadt- 34 Reviews, 60 Photos
- City Centre- 30 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Binnen and Außenalster- 30 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Michaeliskirche- 28 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Elbtunnel- 13 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Blankenese- 12 Reviews, 21 Photos
See All Hamburg Things to Do