Göteborg Off The Beaten Path Tips by Joacim
Göteborg Off The Beaten Path: 59 reviews and 92 photos
From left to right
On Jenny Lindsgatan 14-18 you get the best view over Gothenburg! You see the whole central city and can see the river valley that Gothenburg is built around. It is a fantastic way of taking in the city, perfect place for a picnic in the small park just beside!
What fascinates me most (I know I am strange) is that you can, in one glance, see all kinds of vehicles. Cars, lorrys, buses, trains, trams, ships, ....!
Go to Västtrafik (the public authority responsible for the trams, buses, etc in Gothenburg) and there you can fin how to find Jenny Lindsgatan 14
Go Karting in Majorna
If you like driving around in small carts in an indoor arena, competing against your friends, feeling the rush when you take a corner good in a high speed, this is definately something for you! We were 10 persons competing against eachother and is was so exciting and fun so it more or less became an addiction :-)
The company in charge was very professional and the arrangement were fantastic!
Painball in Gothenburg
This is really an activity that I think is quite silly, running around in masks in the wood firing paint at eachother. However, when you are in the middle of the game you really gets into it and it is actually very fun and you find muscles after that hasn't been used for years :-)
With the comapny we were playing with, The Painball Factory, you can play paintball both in- and outdoors.
I like walking on graveyards. It is peaceful and quite and when you look on the tombs you always think about the faiths and destinies lying deep under ground. If you are interested in history it is always interesting to look at the architecture, the names etc on a graveyard.
The Eastern Graveyard is the third biggest graveyard in Gothenburg. The graveyard as 25,3 acres and can hold up to 15 000 coffins. It is located in Öregryte, in the eastern part of the city near the square Redbergsplatsen.
In 1860 the graveyard was bought from Mr Shuback for a price of 60 000 Riksdaler (the old Swedish currency). The graveyard was designed by the city architect J H Strömberg and it was opened the 16 November 1860. The 27 February the first burial was done in the graveyard and it was the son of the former soldier N Moberg. The son was only 20 days when he died. He was buried in field nr 9, grave nr 1.
12 March 1861 the first family grave was bought for 100 riksdaler to captain C E L Lunge in field nr 10, grave nr 1.
In the Eastern Graveyard you can find a lot of family graves from persons and families that has made a big impact on Gothenburg history.
In the southern part of the graveyard you can find a Jewish burial place.
Keillers Park is situated on and around the mountain Ramberget (you can read about that in another tip of mine). In the beginning of the early 20th century the area around Ramberget was owned by the Keiller family. After some businessproblems and a reorganization in the family business James Keiller decided 1906 to sell all the businesses and donate the area on and around Ramberget to the city of Gothenburg. The conditions were that the park should be used, now and in the future, as a nature park and a recreation area for the citizen. The only thing that were allowed to be built was a watertower.
The park was designed in nationalromatic style, partly by Eugen Thorburn. The park was opened 3 October 1908. The park has been expanded on a number of occations and is today over 31 acres big.
Ramberget is a "mountain" on Hisingen in the northern part of Gothenburg. The mountain and the park around it is called Keillers Park (you can read about that in another tips from me). The mountain is 87 m high and you get a fantastic view over the entire inner city and achipelago! It is possible to drive all the way up.
If you want an overview of Gothenburg, take a trip to Ramberget and enjoy the scenery! If you come by car drive to the second parking place, there you have the highest point and a little monument pointing out different interesting places in Gothenburg.
Kättilsröd 4h farm
There are a number of 4H farms in Sweden and one of them is located on Hisingen in Gothenburg. It is a very nice farm. The purpose of the 4H farms is to grow the international understanding of farming, animals, forest, environment, etc. The farms is sponsored by the local council and work done by volunteers. The goal is to learn kids how to interact with animals by "learning by doing".
This farm is located in a fairly big forest area with lots of paths to walk around in, looking at the horses, cows, etc. They arrange camps, riding excursions, you can have guided tours, kids birthdays parties, etc. During weekends they have a café at the premises.
If you want a few hours "in the country" visit this farm, it is fantastic!
More Reviews (47)
- See All Fascinating history of glass and Coca...
- Northern Europes largest shopping mall
- See All Trams and buses
Joacim's Related Pages
Göteborg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A nice place to grow up in"
- "Henrik's Göteborg page"
- "Where the seagulls cry"
- "Goteborg - Sweden's maritime city"
- "Heaven should be spelt: "Gbg"."
- "IFK Göteborg - king of the town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Göteborg
- Hotels in Göteborg
- Transportation in Göteborg
- Nightlife in Göteborg
- Restaurants in Göteborg
- Shopping in Göteborg
- Warnings and Dangers in Göteborg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Göteborg
- 54 Reviews
- 218 Photos
- 38 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Göteborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Göteborg
- Wrote a Review Fascinating history of glass and Coca Cola about Surte Glass Factory Museum in Göteborg Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fascinating history of glass and Coca Cola"
- Posted in Travel Göteborg Forum "Re: Gotheburg attractions"
- updated a Göteborg Travel Page "Gothenburg - a small city with the big feel"
Photos in GöteborgSee All Photos (218)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 241 photos, 2 travelogues
- Göteborg Intro, 54 reviews, 218 photos
- Madrid Intro, 30 reviews, 69 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Mora Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- La Playa de Arguineguín Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Fredriksberg Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Helsingborg Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Liseberg- 34 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Riverside & canals- 30 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Avenyn- 11 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Marstrand- 4 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Fish Church- 8 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Universeum- 9 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Haga quarters and Church- 16 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Trädgårdsföreningen- 9 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Maritiman Maritime Centre- 9 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Götaplatsen & Art Museum- 20 Reviews, 27 Photos
See All Göteborg Things to Do