"Many faces" Da Lat by bpwarne
Da Lat Travel Guide: 255 reviews and 811 photos
We spent a few nights in Dalat in May, 2007, arriving there by Open Tour bus from Nha Trang and flying out to Saigon on Vietnam Airlines. We rented a moto and rode about the surrounding countryside.
In town, we visited Bao Dai's Summer Palace The Crazy House, and the Crazy Monk's place.
As we had read it is a very popular place for Vietnamese weddings and honeymoons, we anticipated a romantic air to the place. There was none.
The countryside around Dalat is very pleasant, relaxing, in many spots quite tranquil. The town itself has many pleasant spots, restaurants, cafes, parks, lakes in the immediate area. Much to offer....but, romance?....No, none that we could detect.
- Pros:Cool weather, great food, relaxing
- In a nutshell:A different take on Vietnam than what most visitors expect
We stayed at this hotel for two nights in mid May, 2007. We paid $8/night for a room w/balconey, TV w/o english... more travel advice
bpwarne's Related Pages
Da Lat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Da Lat"
- "Da Lat High Country"
- "A Highland Paradise"
- "Still not sure about this City"
- "Da Lat."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Da Lat
- Hotels in Da Lat
- Transportation in Da Lat
- Nightlife in Da Lat
- Restaurants in Da Lat
- Shopping in Da Lat
- Warnings and Dangers in Da Lat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Da Lat
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Da Lat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Da Lat
Top 10 Pages
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 37 reviews, 80 photos, 7 travelogues
- Nha Trang Intro, 13 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 9 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Reno Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sapa Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Shelter Cove Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yangshuo Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oswiecim Intro, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues