Kotka Things to Do Tips by WanderingFinn
Kotka Things to Do: 11 reviews and 19 photos
The Imperial Langinkoski Fishing Lodge
Alexander III, emperor of Russia and Grand Duke of Finland, and his Danish born consort Dagmar, in Russia known under the name Marie Feodorovna, had heard about the good salmon fishing at Langinkoski.
In the summer of 1880 they arrived at Langinkoski to watch the salmon fishing. They also took a liking to the beautiful river scenery and promised to return.Some yers later they did return to Langinkoski. They said that they would like to have a little fishing hut on the banks of the river.
The senate of the Grand Duchy of Finland took measures to have a villa built for the sovereign and his family on the very banks of the Langinkoski rapids.
Address: Langinkosken museo, Keisarinmajantie 118, 48230 Ko
Directions: Everyone at Kotka area (and the majority of people elsewhere too) knows where the Langinkoski lodge is. Just ask!
Other Contact: e-mail: email@example.com
Phone: +358-5-228 1050
Nice waterfall and a small bridge at Sapokanlahti
If you travel to the city of Kotka, you must see the harbour area and small park of Sapokka. It is very idyllic, offering a lot of joy to your eyes like small white bridges, stone/rock, lots of different plants and flowers and so on.
If you watch carefully, you see also a man made seal and some bird (all made of stone) in the water; to remind us all about how rare and vulnerable these animals are.
More Reviews (1)
WanderingFinn's Related Pages
Kotka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kotka - city by the sea"
- "City by the sea"
- "The city by the sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kotka
- Hotels in Kotka
- Transportation in Kotka
- Shopping in Kotka
- See All...
Explore the World
- Rajagiriya Hotels
- Cloyne Hotels
- Legaspi City
- Xi'an Hotels
- Mount Tamalpais State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Kotka
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Kotka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kotka
- Posted in Travel Malta Forum "Re: 2 star accommodation in malta"
- Wrote a Review The Imperial (Csar's) Fisihing Lodge - Langinkoski in Kotka Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Imperial (Csar's) Fisihing Lodge - Langinkoski"
Photos in KotkaSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Minsk 13 reviews, 60 photos
- Rome 15 reviews, 52 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Dublin 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Marmaris 12 reviews, 36 photos
- Los Angeles 13 reviews, 32 photos
- Alanya 12 reviews, 33 photos
- Vilnius 10 reviews, 32 photos
- Bergen Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos
- Bucharest 8 reviews, 28 photos