"Bergen - the city which touches all senses" Bergen by WanderingFinn
Bergen Travel Guide: 945 reviews and 2,380 photos
In Bergen you have all the time something to see; on every step. It such an unbeliavably many-sided city that don't know many others in the world:
Bergen has the world's best fjords, it has mountains. Then it has a nice market place with Norwegian things like pullovers and whale clothes. It has a famous fish market with lots of various fish and other seafood which you can buy and taste and eat on site.
Bergen has the very special old town area with the old coloured and different sized wooden houses.
It has the Bryggen hansa house (historical) area and the harbour.
Some streets are so narrow that you cannot take a car/taxi there. Also it is difficult to find them from the map; and even if you find, you have to be careful as many of the streets look similar. Check the scale of the map espcially well in this case.
This building style wouldn't go through in my country (unfortunately). I enjoyed maybe the most just looking and picturing the houses and walking the narrow streets slowly.
Bergen gives so much to your eyes to see that it takes a long time to absorb it. All seen things change to a calm feeling with open, sensitive feeling. Like all your senses would become stronger.
You can even hear better after the silence by the fjords. Though on the other hand you hate the noice if any; after that.
The air is so fresh and cool that you can even smell better after having been some time in Bergen. The air is clean and not polluted. I just enjoyed smelling the mountain air all the time. It is said to be good for the skin too.
If someone shakes hands - it feels warmer. Even the sense of touching is changed. Almost weird but in a nice way.
I will definitely go back to Bergen to ENJOY and relax.
- Pros:Lots of things to see and do, both city and nature
- Cons:Expensive prices
- In a nutshell:Fjords, mountains, special architecture, fresh sea food
Bergen is surrounded by seven hills/mountains, of which Mt. Ulriken is the highest one. One can go by a nice cable car... more travel advice
Everyone going to Bergen should visit the fjords. They are such a phenomenon not seen in many places in the world.... more travel advice
WanderingFinn's Related Pages
Bergen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bergen - The city between the seven mountains"
- "The sunshine city of blue sky, blue sea, blue eyes"
- "Bergen in Norway"
- "The Fjord' Capital City"
- "City of rain and some nice benches"
- "Welcome to the land of the Vikings!"
- "Bergen in Fall"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bergen
- Hotels in Bergen
- Transportation in Bergen
- Nightlife in Bergen
- Restaurants in Bergen
- Shopping in Bergen
- Warnings and Dangers in Bergen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bergen
- 6 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Bergen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bergen
- Posted in Travel Malta Forum "Re: 2 star accommodation in malta"
- updated a Bergen Travel Page "Bergen - the city which touches all senses"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bergen - the city which touches all senses"
- Wrote a Review Mount Ulriken - the highest point in Bergen about Mount Ulriken in Bergen Things to Do
Photos in BergenSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Minsk 13 reviews, 60 photos
- Rome 15 reviews, 52 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Dublin 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Marmaris 12 reviews, 36 photos
- Los Angeles 13 reviews, 32 photos
- Alanya 12 reviews, 33 photos
- Vilnius 10 reviews, 32 photos
- Bergen Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos
- Bucharest 8 reviews, 28 photos