"Home for 40 + years" Doncaster by sirgaw
Doncaster Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 2 photos
Although my profile states that I live in Melbourne, I actually live in the eastern suburb of Doncaster East, some 20 kilometres from the City of Melbourne.
As a starter for Doncaster, here's my place. We moved in in 1969, raised 2 kids and all that.
The house used o be red brick, but we both wanted a white house so I got busy with the paint brush and every 10 years or so have to give the place a fresh lick of paint.
When we moved in the street was a semi-rural council road - one lane of black stuff and 2 half lanes of gravel - the way it had been since the street was full of farm properties. Over the years the traffic became very heavy and about 10 years ago finally we got our road made with footpaths, nature strips and in our case a concrete block retaining wall - so now we're part of the suburbs.
Five minutes walk away is Ruffey Creek park - a great green lung for the suburb and where when I get the motivation I walk the tracks of the park. 30 minutes for the easy circuit around the lake and 45 minutes of tough walking on "the hills track" which tests the fitness levels.
MORE TO COME
sirgaw's Related Pages
Doncaster Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Doncaster
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Doncaster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Doncaster
Photos in DoncasterSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Melbourne Intro, 36 reviews, 114 photos
- Hobart Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Beijing Shi Intro, 13 reviews, 60 photos
- Darwin Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos
- Launceston Intro, 12 reviews, 49 photos
- Sydney Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cooktown Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 8 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Douglas Intro, 11 reviews, 41 photos
- Belgrave Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues