"Home for 40 + years" Doncaster by sirgaw

Doncaster Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 2 photos

Although my profile states that I live in Melbourne, I actually live in the eastern suburb of Doncaster East, some 20 kilometres from the City of Melbourne.

As a starter for Doncaster, here's my place. We moved in in 1969, raised 2 kids and all that.

The house used o be red brick, but we both wanted a white house so I got busy with the paint brush and every 10 years or so have to give the place a fresh lick of paint.

When we moved in the street was a semi-rural council road - one lane of black stuff and 2 half lanes of gravel - the way it had been since the street was full of farm properties. Over the years the traffic became very heavy and about 10 years ago finally we got our road made with footpaths, nature strips and in our case a concrete block retaining wall - so now we're part of the suburbs.

Five minutes walk away is Ruffey Creek park - a great green lung for the suburb and where when I get the motivation I walk the tracks of the park. 30 minutes for the easy circuit around the lake and 45 minutes of tough walking on "the hills track" which tests the fitness levels.

MORE TO COME

• Intro Updated Aug 10, 2011

• unaS's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2009 at 10:08 PM

So did they every finish the shopping center?

• craic's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2008 at 6:04 AM

lovely house - spick and span

• australia2's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2007 at 3:59 AM

Well, David, you could talk about the ShoppingTown minor renovations. I have to meet my Ringwood mate at Box Hill Central for a Capp tomorrow instead. ;-) Laurie in Hawthorn.

sirgaw Used To Live Here!

sirgaw

“"How can I have a favourite place when I haven't seen them all?"”

Badges & Stats in Doncaster

Have you been to Doncaster?

Latest Activity in Doncaster