Melbourne Off The Beaten Path Tips by sirgaw
Melbourne Off The Beaten Path: 233 reviews and 286 photos
Although not open to the public the Old Colonists Association is a great spot to take in some of the history of Melbourne.
The Old Colonists Association was founded in part by George Coppin who was a business man, philanthropist, member of parliament, founder of Sorrentoand many other notable institutions can be traced back to Mr Coppin.
He founded Old Colonists Association as a retirement home for the acting fraternity and the first cottages on the estate are still called "Founders Cottages" and can be viewed from Rushall Crescent, which adjoins the estate. A short walk along Coppin Avenue passes the oldest of the cottages, which date from 1869.
If you are interested in a guided tour of the estate, contact details below.
20 Rushall Crescent, Fitzroy North 3068
Close to Queens Parade where there is a tram to/from city
Phone: 03 9481 7466
More Reviews (35)
- See All Eureka Skydeck - view from the top
- See All MYKI VISITOR CARDS
- See All - magnificent HIGH TEA
- See All City Circle FREE Tram
- Aussie Beef Burgers
sirgaw's Related Pages
Melbourne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wherever I Lay My Hat - That's My Home"
- "Melbourne - Our Home for 2005 and 2006"
- "IMPREXXION: MELBOURNE"
- "Melbourne is a Dive"
- "Sweetberry's "Melbourne Page""
- "Melbourne - The Place to Be"
- "Melbourne - My Second Home !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melbourne
- Hotels in Melbourne
- Transportation in Melbourne
- Nightlife in Melbourne
- Restaurants in Melbourne
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Warnings and Dangers in Melbourne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melbourne
- 36 Reviews
- 111 Photos
- 350 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Melbourne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melbourne
- Posted in Travel Launceston Forum "Re: 6-berth Motorhome with Shower..."
- Wrote a Review Eureka Skydeck - view from the top in Melbourne Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Eureka Skydeck - view from the top"
- Commented on one of sirgaw's Melbourne travel pages
- updated a Melbourne Travel Page "My view of MELBOURNE"
- Uploaded a Video to Melbourne
Photos in MelbourneSee All Photos (111)
Videos in MelbourneSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Melbourne Intro, 36 reviews, 111 photos
- Darwin Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos
- Sydney Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Cooktown Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Douglas Intro, 11 reviews, 41 photos
- Belgrave Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos
- Kakadu National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
- Cairns Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (21)
- Great Ocean Road- 109 Reviews, 204 Photos
- Queen Victoria Market- 44 Reviews, 56 Photos
- St. Kilda- 61 Reviews, 94 Photos
- Dandenong Ranges- 30 Reviews, 48 Photos
- Phillip Island- 38 Reviews, 57 Photos
- Rialto Tower- 38 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Crown Casino- 25 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Old Melbourne Gaol- 24 Reviews, 45 Photos
- Chinatown- 18 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Federation Square- 46 Reviews, 76 Photos
See All Melbourne Things to Do