"Whistler - Not Just for Skiers!" Whistler by lisha74
Whistler Travel Guide: 288 reviews and 638 photos
During our trip to Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Olympics, we wanted to spend some time in Whistler as well. Unfortunately lodging during this time was impossible to find and so we had to settle for a day trip. Neither of us are skiers, which is what most people go to Whistler for, but there is still plenty to do without setting foot on the slopes.
This was, admittedly, the main reason I wanted to go to Whistler. Ziptrek has been featured on the Travel Channel several times and I can tell you first hand that its even more fun than it looks on TV.
There is also plenty to explore within Whistler Village itself. The shopping is top notch if you have the money. There are also plenty of restaurants/bars that allow for great people watching. Bottom line - as a non-skier, I can tell you I would return to Whistler without hesitation.
- Pros:Beautiful scenery, friendly people, variety of activities
- Cons:$$ Expensive $$
- In a nutshell:Great location for spending time in the great outdoors!
lisha74's Related Pages
Whistler Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Australia, North"
- "2010 Olympics Coming Soon!!!"
- "WHAT A FANTASTIC WINTER RESORT!"
- "Too Brief a Stay"
- "Whistler, British Columbia"
- "EXPENSIVE WHISTLER"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Whistler
- Hotels in Whistler
- Transportation in Whistler
- Nightlife in Whistler
- Restaurants in Whistler
- Shopping in Whistler
- Warnings and Dangers in Whistler
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whistler
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Whistler?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whistler
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos
- Chicago Intro, 19 reviews, 10 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Prague Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Seattle Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Cairns Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- Óbidos Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
No friends yet.