"Chillin' in my wife's hometown of Niigata!" Niigata by TOKYO64
Niigata Travel Guide: 131 reviews and 294 photos
Tei, Hiroko's mom took us to dinner at this nice izakaya called "Yama se mi." The food was great and the beer was nice and cold! Sonomi, Hiroko's younger sister took this photo of us outside the izakaya. Don't forget to check out our website: tokyo64.net
We went to the "Next 21" building and took this photo of Niigata wth the Shinano river in the background. Niigata City was bigger than I thought.
This is a street scene in Niigata City. Down the street you can the Next 21 tower. It is one of the most recognizable buildings in Niigata besides the Rainbow tower above the Niigata bus station. Niigata is a modern city with the longest river in Japan, the Shinano, running through it.
- Pros:Great restaurants, beautiful river walk and friendly people!
- Cons:Not much night life for non Japanese
- In a nutshell:Nice place to enjoy Japan minus the crowds!
You can come here for lunch, dinner or just a nightcap. The lunch and dinner menus are different. So if you eat lunch... more travel advice
TOKYO64's Related Pages
Niigata Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NIIGATA CITY"
- "Niigata- Rice Country"
- "Kartann's new Niigata Page"
- "Welcome to Bonio's Niigata Page."
- "Gateway to Sado Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Niigata
- Hotels in Niigata
- Transportation in Niigata
- Nightlife in Niigata
- Restaurants in Niigata
- Shopping in Niigata
- Warnings and Dangers in Niigata
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Niigata
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Niigata?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Niigata
Photos in NiigataSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Niigata Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Saudi Arabia Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- South Korea Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Seattle Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Philippines Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Yokohama Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Singapore Intro, 3 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 3 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 3 photos
- Victoria Intro, 3 photos