"Sandinismo and cool air" Estelí by hugolorenzetti
Estelí Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 22 photos
Nice strollable streets, a comforting cool wind, Caribbean pines and a shady Plaza... Estelí is much more than a stopover on the way to the Honduran border. A strong support base for Sandinistas during the war - and later on, since FSLN won here in 1990 and 1996's elections -, this city appears to have one of the most politically aware populations in Nicaragua, along with León. This was a place where I was cheered for being a Brazilian, especially because we have a leftist president in Brazil.
There's a good Galería de Mártires y Héroes and ao nice bar to sit and discuss politics with the Nicas. Estelí is really worth a stop!
hugolorenzetti's Related Pages
Estelí Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Esteli: Gateway to the Northern Mountains"
- "ON MY WAY TO HONDURAS I STOPPED"
- "Sandinismo and cool air"
- "I fell in love with Esteli !!"
- "Esteli, ciudad mas linda en el norte de Nicaragua"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estelí
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Estelí?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estelí
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasília Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Caribbean and Central America Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Florianópolis 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Omoa Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Luján Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Nicaragua Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Campinas Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Dangriga Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Estelí Intro, 1 review, 1 photo