"A nice farewell to Honduras" Omoa by hugolorenzetti
Omoa Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 49 photos
We thought we would get some rest while waiting for the departure of the lancha ro Belize. We did rest. A bit.
Omoa is a great seaside town. Since everyone else is in the Bay Islands or in Tela, Trujillo and such, the city is more available for residents (prices are better, too). The man beach on a little bay is full of restaurants and hotels, and it bears the local movement of people. Weekends are great, because everything gets lively with Honduran families taking their weekend baths.
There is also an almost deserted beach a few metres from the main point. But if you're here to wait for your boat, which is definitely more agreeable than staying in Puerto Cortés, you will have to bother leaving a lot earlier to get your passport stamped. But a lot earlier means, I don't now, an hour and a half. Not too much, right?
- Pros:Quiet, sleepy with vivid daylife at the weekends
Omoa is nice to walk around. And if you walk out of the city, you'll find the two nice waterfalls across the road to... more travel advice
My tips here and of any guide book may be innacurate, since things are changing and Honduras has been improving a lot... more travel advice
hugolorenzetti's Related Pages
Omoa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Omoa - the fortress at the beach"
- "sleepy coastal town"
- "A nice farewell to Honduras"
- "Omoa - El Castillo de Omoa"
- "Exotic Omoa"
- "The British are Coming! Hide the Rum!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Omoa
- Hotels in Omoa
- Transportation in Omoa
- Restaurants in Omoa
- Shopping in Omoa
- Warnings and Dangers in Omoa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Omoa
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Omoa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Omoa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasília Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Caribbean and Central America Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Florianópolis 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Omoa Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Luján Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Nicaragua Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Campinas Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Dangriga Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Estelí Intro, 1 review, 1 photo