"See Hoover Dam!" Top 5 Page for this destination Boulder City by SteveOSF

Boulder City Travel Guide: 131 reviews and 464 photos

Hoover Dam

Boulder City literally came to life for the construction of Hover Dam. Nearby Hoover Dam captures the water of the Colorado River creating Lake Mead in the Process. With the completion of this vital facility, the surrounding region was changed forever. This important structure plays a significant role in the southwest for flood prevention, supplies water, and generates significant electric power. Tours offer visitors an opportunity to see the structure up close and most importantly, to venture inside...

The River Continues

• Pros:Hoover Dam provides an enlightening historical perspective and is an example of one of the finest achievements in engineering.
  • In a nutshell:Hoover Dam is impressive!
  • Last visit to Boulder City: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Sep 3, 2007

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2010 at 6:32 AM

We loved the tour of the turbines with our grandson. Great place to visit.

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2009 at 1:23 AM

We loved Hoover Dam. Isn't it awesome. We can't wait to get back one day and see that huge bridge they are building near there. I think they said it would be done in 2010.

• atufft's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I was so young when the family took the tour, I had forgotten all about it. Thanks for the update...:-)

• risse73's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2008 at 4:12 PM

Steve, I agree about the massive"ness" of the Hoover Dam. What an engineering feat! Unfortunately, I did not get to take the tour when I visited a couple of years ago. Great job on this page!

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Wow, I guess I should've taken the tour when I was there! Another nice page.

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2008 at 9:30 PM

Thanks for visiting my Incline/Tahoe page. Similarly to you, I hold a deep appreciation for the Lake. But from the snow covered caps & blue waters to the rugged deserts, NV has some variety!

• canuck68's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2007 at 8:52 PM

I enjoyed your pictures and commentary on the Hoover Dam. The pictures are particularly impressive. Thanks, Diane

SteveOSF

“Just beyond the edge of the world is a new horizon.”

Badges & Stats in Boulder City

Have you been to Boulder City?

Latest Activity in Boulder City