"A Witchy Town" Salem by SteveOSF
Salem Travel Guide: 456 reviews and 1,268 photos
Salem is located north of Boston on Massachusetts' Atlantic coast. In Salem between 1692 and 1693, over 200 people were accused of practicing witchcraft. Trails were held and twenty people were executed as a result. Nineteen of those killed were hung and one was crushed to death by heavy rocks. Eventually people began to realize the big mistake they were making and by May of 1693 all those accused were pardoned.
Today Salem embraces its witchy past. The old city center is filled with witch paraphernalia and exhibits. They even have a witch museum.
- Pros:Historic, interesting town with a certain witchy charm.
- Cons:Traffic into the town can be heavy.
- In a nutshell:Historic town that can cast a spell over you.
The old City Center and Commons provide an excellent place for a stroll. You can enjoy a variety of architecture by... more travel advice
SteveOSF's Related Pages
Salem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RhondaRuth's Salem Page"
- "Salem on Halloween!"
- "Salem Tales"
- "BEWITCHING SALEM"
- "Witch Way do You Go"
- "I FOUND MY TRUE WICCAN NATURE ON SALEM'S STREETS"
- "A favorite day trip....SALEM"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salem
- Hotels in Salem
- Transportation in Salem
- Nightlife in Salem
- Restaurants in Salem
- Shopping in Salem
- Warnings and Dangers in Salem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salem
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Salem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salem
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 71 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park Intro, 35 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- California Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Seattle Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lee Vining Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodie State Historic Park Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination McMinnville Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue