"One Night in Ridgecrest" Ridgecrest by SteveOSF
Ridgecrest Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 31 photos
------------------------- This picture was taken along the road to Ridgecrest. ------------------------
We spent a night in Ridgecrest in route from the Central Coast to Death Valley National Park. The town appeared to mostly serve nearby military bases and perhaps mining operations. But it was a decent size and proved useful for getting a decent meal, a clean place to stay, and securing supplies for Death Valley, as restaurants, motels, and stores were found along the main streets. This proved to be the last town of any size before reaching Death Valley.
The town is large enough to have most necessities that you may want while traveling, yet small enough where you will be able to find them. Most stores and restaurants are located on the main vain of Highway 178, as well as an offshoot along South China Lake Boulevard. However, as far as I could tell, this is not the place if you are looking for a rip-roaring night on the town.
- Pros:The town makes for a nice rest stop on the way to Death Valley.
- Cons:There did not seem to be much nightlife.
- In a nutshell:Another town along the highway...
This is a decent, clean, yet basic place to stay with a complimentary breakfast. The breakfast consists of hard-boiled... more travel advice
SteveOSF's Related Pages
Ridgecrest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ridgecrest - Home of Desert Landscapes"
- "One Night in Ridgecrest"
- "Ridgecrest, California"
- "The Gift's Ridgecrest Page"
- "this town sucks!!!!!!!!!"
- "Ridgecrest The Beautiful"
- "Two Cities Left in California"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ridgecrest
- Hotels in Ridgecrest
- Restaurants in Ridgecrest
- Shopping in Ridgecrest
- Warnings and Dangers in Ridgecrest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ridgecrest
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Ridgecrest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ridgecrest
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 71 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park Intro, 35 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- California Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Seattle Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lee Vining Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodie State Historic Park Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination McMinnville Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue