"Relive the Gold Rush" Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City by SteveOSF
Nevada City Travel Guide: 131 reviews and 319 photos
Nevada City is a Gold Rush Era town that dates back to1849. Today, it still retains its historic look and feel. Nevada City relishes in its mining history, with old mining equipment adorning the downtown like artwork. Its population is only about 2,800. This is far less than the 10,000 who lived and worked there in 1850.
This beautiful town is a pleasure to visit. Its historic downtown, centered around Broad Street, is a great place to stroll. Nice restaurants, shops, and even wine tasting rooms occupy the downtown. Nevada City is located in a picturesque spot in the foothills with great hiking and camping available in the nearby wilderness. This little city is a wonderful spot for a getaway.
- Pros:Historic well preserved town town
- In a nutshell:Scenic Gold Rush Era town
Nevada City is the seat of Nevada County. As such, it is home of the Nevada County Courthouse. The courthouse is a... more travel advice
The South Yuba Campground is operated by the Bureau of Land Management. It is situated in the scenic foothills a little... more travel advice
SteveOSF's Related Pages
Nevada City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nevada City- Making Gold From Its Historic Past"
- "Relive the Gold Rush"
- "Nevada City - A Gold Country Nugget"
- "THE GOLD COUNTRY GETAWAY, NEVADA CITY"
- "Old Time Gold Mining Town"
- "Nevada City,California"
- "Nevada City - Queen of the Northern Mines"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nevada City
- Hotels in Nevada City
- Transportation in Nevada City
- Nightlife in Nevada City
- Restaurants in Nevada City
- Shopping in Nevada City
- Warnings and Dangers in Nevada City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nevada City
- 21 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Nevada City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nevada City
Photos in Nevada CitySee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 71 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park Intro, 35 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- California Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Seattle Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lee Vining Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodie State Historic Park Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination McMinnville Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue