"Relax on California’s Northern Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Mendocino by SteveOSF
Mendocino Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 167 photos
Mendocino, located on California’s northern coast, is a great place for a weekend getaway. Mendocino was founded in the mid-nineteenth century as a logging town. However, today it is more known as a tourist destination. The town enjoys a high percentage of artists among its residents.
Mendocino is just over a three hour drive from San Francisco, in good traffic. If you get caught in the Friday evening commute between San Francisco and Marin, the drive can be a bit longer. However, it is close enough to the San Francisco Bay Area to make for a nice getaway. The drive to the coast through the Anderson Valley is quite scenic.
- Pros:Scenic north coast vacation town.
- Cons:The drive can be a little long.
- In a nutshell:A nice place for a weekend getaway.
We stopped into Dick’s Place for a drink before dinner. It has a casual atmosphere. The decor is both rustic and... more travel advice
Big River Beach is located within the Mendocino Headlands State Park. It is where the Big River meets the Pacific Ocean.... more travel advice
SteveOSF's Related Pages
Mendocino Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Northern California Explorer"
- "Relax on California’s Northern Coast"
- "Not the sunny California you've heard about."
- "A Village The Way It Was"
- "Mendocino-A little bit of Maine on the West Coast"
- "MENDOCINO or CABOT COVE??"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mendocino
- Hotels in Mendocino
- Transportation in Mendocino
- Nightlife in Mendocino
- Restaurants in Mendocino
- Shopping in Mendocino
- Warnings and Dangers in Mendocino
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mendocino
- 6 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Mendocino?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mendocino
Photos in MendocinoSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 71 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park Intro, 35 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- California Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Seattle Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lee Vining Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodie State Historic Park Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination McMinnville Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue