"Industry in the Bay Area" Martinez by SteveOSF
Martinez Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 32 photos
Martinez, located on the shore of the Carquinez Straight, is best known for the oil refineries that line Highway 680. However, Martinez is the County Seat of Costa County, one of the San Francisco Bay Area Counties. The downtown contains some historic buildings and is home to several antique shops and many restaurants.
- Pros:Has a real downtown.
- Cons:Very industrial.
- In a nutshell:Laid back town in the East Bay.
Along the waterfront two pleasant parks can be found in Martinez. They are the Martinez Waterfront Park and the adjacent... more travel advice
SteveOSF's Related Pages
Martinez Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Industry in the Bay Area"
- "Basaic Martinez Page"
- "Seat of Contra Costa County & Oil Refining Town"
- "Slim's Martinez skinny"
- "Friends and family"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Martinez
- Hotels in Martinez
- Transportation in Martinez
- Restaurants in Martinez
- Warnings and Dangers in Martinez
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Martinez
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Martinez?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Martinez
Photos in MartinezSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 71 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park Intro, 35 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- California Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Seattle Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lee Vining Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodie State Historic Park Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination McMinnville Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue