Death Valley National Park Transportation Tips by SteveOSF Top 5 Page for this destination
Death Valley National Park Transportation: 29 reviews and 39 photos
A rented car in Death Valley
This is not the kind of place in which you would want to break down. There are occasional radiator water reservoirs along the road for those who happen to get into trouble at approximately the right place. If you car is not highly reliable, I strongly recommend renting a car for your trip.
Type: Car/Motor Home
Death Valley Crossroads
There is a $20 per car fee. This includes the car and all passengers. Once paid, the fee is good for 7 days. The fee can be paid at a vending machine at Stovepipe wells, in a tollbooth near Scotty's Castle, or at the Furnace Creek Visitor Center.
There is a reduced fee of $10 for motorcycles.
Supposedly, most of the fee is used for park matters and the money stays in the park.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (33)
- Get Supplies
- See All Furnace Creek Historic Displays
- See All Steakhouse at Furnace Creek
- See All Hike
SteveOSF's Related Pages
Death Valley National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Death Valley National Park Page"
- "Death Valley ? No, a valley of flowers !"
- "~ Blooming with life!~"
- "Into the Valley of Death..."
- "Death Valley - Land of Beauty and Contrasts"
- "Death Valley"
- "Multiple Colors in the "Death" Desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Death Valley National Park
- Hotels in Death Valley National Park
- Transportation in Death Valley National Park
- Nightlife in Death Valley National Park
- Restaurants in Death Valley National Park
- Shopping in Death Valley National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Death Valley National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tavarua Island Hotels
- Orlando Hotels
- Kota Kinabalu Hotels
- Palma de Mallorca
- Cebu City
- Padang Besar Hotels
- Key West
Badges & Stats in Death Valley National Park
- 35 Reviews
- 99 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Death Valley National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Death Valley National Park
Photos in Death Valley National ParkSee All Photos (99)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 71 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park Intro, 35 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- California Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Seattle Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lee Vining Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodie State Historic Park Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination McMinnville Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Death Valley National Park hotel reviews
- Stovepipe Wells Village
- 629 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Furnace Creek Campground
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013
- Furnace Creek Inn and Ranch Resort
- 1252 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Mesquite Springs Campground
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013
- Sunset Campground
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 8, 2012
- Scottys Castle- 42 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Sand Dunes- 41 Reviews, 69 Photos
- Badwater- 41 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Dante's View- 23 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Artist's Drive- 25 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Devil's Golf Course- 22 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Ubehebe Crater- 18 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Zabriske's Point- 31 Reviews, 50 Photos
- Harmony Borax Mines- 21 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Stovepipe Wells- 14 Reviews, 17 Photos