"Small Town on the Central Coast" Big Sur by SteveOSF
Big Sur Travel Guide: 307 reviews and 879 photos
Big Sur is a small community on the California coast. It is located along scenic Highway One about 30 miles south of Monterey. The town primarily consists of a few buildings dotted along the highway. At Big Sur you can find some lodging, tourist shops, a general store, and some restaurants.
- Pros:Interesting shops to visit.
- Cons:Very small town.
- In a nutshell:A pleasant stop along scenic Highway One.
Several shops catering to tourists are located along Highway One. In addition to the usual tourist trinkets, you will... more travel advice
SteveOSF's Related Pages
Big Sur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY 4th of July"
- "Big Sur: A Rare Gift"
- "Big Sur, One of My Favorite Places"
- "It's the Journey, Not the Destination"
- "Big Sur"
- "C'est beau, c'est Sur, c'est le Big Sur"
- "The Big Sur Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Big Sur
- Hotels in Big Sur
- Transportation in Big Sur
- Nightlife in Big Sur
- Restaurants in Big Sur
- Shopping in Big Sur
- Warnings and Dangers in Big Sur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Big Sur
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Big Sur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Big Sur
Photos in Big SurSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 71 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park Intro, 35 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- California Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Seattle Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lee Vining Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodie State Historic Park Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination McMinnville Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue