"On the Edge of the Bay" Alameda by SteveOSF
Alameda Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 58 photos
The City of Alameda is located on an island right off of Oakland in the San Francisco Bay. To reach it, one must cross one of several bridges, go through a tunnel called “The Tube”, or ride a ferry. Alameda contains a mixture of older and newer homes. Many of the newer homes are built on bay fill. It has some commercial as well as light industrial districts. Some of the old commercial streets house some interesting restaurants. Alameda was once home to the Alameda Naval Air Station which has since closed. The retired aircraft carrier U.S.S. Hornet has been converted to a floating museum and resides in Alameda.
- Pros:Very Close to San Francisco.
- Cons:It is easy to get lost going there.
- In a nutshell:Nice East Bay Town.
The U.S.S. Hornet is a historic aircraft carrier that has been converted into a museum. The ship stands ready for... more travel advice
The U.S.S. Hornet served as the prime recovery ship for both the Apollo 11 and Apollo 12 moon missions. The Apollo 11... more travel advice
SteveOSF's Related Pages
Alameda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On the Edge of the Bay"
- "zwack's new Alameda Page"
- "Alameda 13.06.2004"
- "memixer's new Alameda Page"
- "singjaz's new Alameda Page"
- "Alameda will Surprise You"
- "Alameda, Ca"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alameda
- 5 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Alameda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alameda
Photos in AlamedaSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 71 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park Intro, 35 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- California Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos
- Seattle Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lee Vining Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodie State Historic Park Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination McMinnville Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue