"Capital of the Constitution State" Top 5 Page for this destination Hartford by BillNJ
Hartford Travel Guide: 164 reviews and 232 photos
In September 2008, I spent a couple of days exploring the Hartford, Connecticut area. While not known as a popular tourist destination, I was pleasantly surprised. Downtown Hartford is a compact area that is easy to explore by foot. Also, there is a free bus shuttle (Star Shuttle) through the downtown area that makes visiting the major attractions very convenient.
Insurance is Hartford's major industry -- and many of the largest insurance companies have their corporate headquarters here. The Greater Hartford Area is also the home of many companies in the defense industry.
Within the city of Hartford, there is a lovely park named Bushnell Park. It is an oasis of green within the heart of a busy commercial center.
- Pros:Compact City Center; Star Shuttle; Bushnell Park; Nice Suburbs
- Cons:High Crime Rate; Lots of Rush Hour Traffic
- In a nutshell:Connecticut's capital is a nice destination for business or pleasure.
The Wadsworth Atheneum is the oldest public art museum in the United States, with significant holdings of French and... more travel advice
Bushnell Park is an oasis of green in the Hartford city center. Within the park, there are many impressive monuments.... more travel advice
BillNJ's Related Pages
Hartford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "History and Business"
- "Capital of the Constitution State"
- "Hartford - A Very Pleasant Destination!"
- "My 2nd Home"
- "There ARE things to do in Hartford!"
- "Passthrough City No More"
- "Connecticut's Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hartford
- Hotels in Hartford
- Transportation in Hartford
- Nightlife in Hartford
- Restaurants in Hartford
- Shopping in Hartford
- Warnings and Dangers in Hartford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hartford
- 13 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Hartford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hartford
Photos in HartfordSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 51 reviews, 151 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 59 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 37 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aachen Intro, 34 reviews, 64 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 24 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derry Intro, 24 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roermond Intro, 26 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galway Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos
- Dublin Intro, 20 reviews, 47 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 25 reviews, 41 photos