"Lake of Seven Colors" Laguna Bacalar by jjtenn
Laguna Bacalar Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 25 photos
I have been to Lake Bacalar 3 times and counting now and each time it gets harder to leave. The water and just the atmosphere in general are unbelievable...I've stayed @ casa maya hotelito and found its views of the lake to be some of the best. Also, if you ever make it down to Lake Bacalar, snorkeling down the river channel is a definite must!
One of the most beautiful times of day on this gorgeous lake is sundown...the picture speaks for itself!
This lake was known by the Mayans as the Lake of Seven Colors and it truely lives up to its name...I have never seen a lake so clear, blue, and unbelievably pristine...It is one of a kind and I think everyone should experience its splendor...The cenotes are something to remark on too. They are up to 300ft deep pools of water both in the lake and in the surrounding area...most notable is the Cenote Azul which is mexico's largest cenote. The coloring in the lake is spectacular...You can literally tell when you are going into deeper water by the shading of blue the water is.
- Pros:Unbelievable lake, spectacular weather, relaxing, hospitable people, history, proximity to shopping and Chetamul...pretty much everything... ;)
- Cons:The majority of the population speaks only spanish so conversing is sometimes a problem without a spanish speaker, also, a lot of the places are without what we would deem modern conviences but the good definetly outweighs the bad...
- In a nutshell:Unbelievable! You just need to see it!!!
There is a channel in the lake that is about 7 mile south from Casa Maya Hotelito and the currents provided by the... more travel advice
jjtenn's Related Pages
Laguna Bacalar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Laguna Bacalar and Beyond"
- "Bacalar - the Lake of Seven Colours"
- "Lake of Seven Colors"
- "Laguna Bacalar"
- "If they build it they will come!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Laguna Bacalar
- Hotels in Laguna Bacalar
- Restaurants in Laguna Bacalar
- Warnings and Dangers in Laguna Bacalar
- See All...
Explore the World
- Khandala Hotels
- Magnetic Island
- South Padre Island
- Kittery Point Hotels
- Obudai-sziget Hotels
- Antelope Island
- Departamento de Islas de la Bahía
- Muzaffarabad Hotels
- Mandalay Hotels
- Cape Meares State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Laguna Bacalar
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Laguna Bacalar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laguna Bacalar
Photos in Laguna BacalarSee All Photos (7)
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (3)
No friends yet.