"Carcassonne - La Cité Médiévale" Carcassonne by poreby
Carcassonne Travel Guide: 477 reviews and 1,389 photos
My first reaction when I saw Cité of Carcassonne from the aeroplen window was, it so small and you can't imagin how wrong I was. La Cité is masive. I've never seen befor somethig like this. About 2 miles of walls, 52 towers, and the location of the city on a high hill is impresing. You can see all Carcassone and even Pirenei mountain and the views are breath taking. Inside of the medival city you can walk to Barbacan and basilic. The other houses were beautiful but only hotels, restaurants, shops around. I was expecting little bit more then this, but still enjoyed the town.
Inside basilic you can see a stone with a Cathars massacre.
- Pros:You have to see medivale city. Is a breath taking.
- Cons:Restaurants, restraunts, restaurants... one more and I would have screamed!
- In a nutshell:Carcassonne - one day stop only.
poreby's Related Pages
Carcassonne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Carcassonne.........town of two parts."
- "On and Off the Road in Carcassonne"
- "Carcassonne - medieval heaven"
- "About the Cathars"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Carcassonne
- Hotels in Carcassonne
- Transportation in Carcassonne
- Nightlife in Carcassonne
- Restaurants in Carcassonne
- Shopping in Carcassonne
- Warnings and Dangers in Carcassonne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Carcassonne
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Carcassonne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carcassonne
Photos in CarcassonneSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Windsor Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warwick Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Kolbuszowa Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 1 review, 9 photos
- Poreby Dymarskie Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- London Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cmolas Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Paris Intro, 3 photos
- Oxford Intro, 3 photos
- Lviv Intro, 3 photos