"How YOU Doin'?" Brooklyn by IMthat1girl000

Brooklyn Travel Guide: 355 reviews and 752 photos

I've been to NYC about 5 times now, its a great place to take a long weekend trip. I can't imagine the people who visit for a week and try to cram everything in. I like taking in a few sights at a time and doing things a little differently each time.

The last two times I have went to NYC we have stayed in Brooklyn. My boyfriend has an engine class in Newark every year and then I fly out and meet him. We join up with his cousins and their kids in Red Hook.

Now first of all, every time we mention going to Red Hook people cringe, especially those that live pretty far out from the city. I have to tell you, if you live in the area go back to Red Hook. The area has really blossomed and is full of arts and culture.

Many of the homes are now worth 5-10 times when they were purchased 10 years ago. It's crazy! So now the cousins who thought they were stupid for ever purchasing their house are now thrilled that they took a chance.

The boroughs of New York are really to me more of the "real" New York. You don't see as many tourists here. Maybe people from Massachusetts or Jersey, but you really do hang with the locals a lot more. It is a totally different experience than being in Manhattan.

• Last visit to Brooklyn: Sep 2007
  • Intro Written Sep 25, 2007

Comments

IMthat1girl000

“Live a little, learn a little”

Badges & Stats in Brooklyn

Have you been to Brooklyn?

Latest Activity in Brooklyn