"Boston, England." Boston by mwe
Boston Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 96 photos
If you want to know all about the Pilgrim fathers & the role of Boston folk in successfully settling in & colonising New England click the weblink under this Boston page's shopping tips. ...I intend to use this space to put my individual view of the original Boston, not to duplicate things that are said elsewhere.
If you want definitive, precise histories & official information click on "Things to Do" tip below & then click the bostonuk.com link on the cinema tip.
Boston's Borough population is 35,400 people, which includes a few outlying villages in addition to the actual town of Boston.
I lived in Boston as a child (1963-'73). As a child I had next to zero interest in photography. Shame, because most pictures of Boston on official sites (e.g. bostonuk.com) are either current, or pre-1960s.
It's a shame someone doesn't post some 1960s/'70s pic's! ...The consensus might be the sixties & seventies are too long ago to be up to date, but too recent to be nostalgic? ...Well, I for one find the new pic's interesting, but too new & the old pic's interesting, but too old!
My Boston pic's are all 1991. I figured I should visit & take a few whilst Boston still bore a resemblance to the Boston I knew in the sixties & seventies.
Even places 'near' Boston are rather a long way away (by English standards):
Spalding 16 miles. Sleaford 18. Skegness (nearest seaside town) 22 miles.
Grantham 31 miles.
Stamford, Lincoln and Kings Lynn (Norfolk) are all 34 miles.
Peterborough 36 miles.
Newark 38 miles.
Grimsby 47 miles.
Nottingham 55 miles.
Suffolk (Brandon) 59 miles.
Leicester 62 miles.
Doncaster 74. Sheffield 79. Hull 81. York 108 miles.
Birmingham 105. LONDON 119 miles.
- Pros:Cheap property, good fish & chips, distinctive accent. Boston United soccer team is far more successful than the teams in other smallish towns. Good shops & facilities for a smallish town: Boston Borough population is 35,400 people.
- Cons:The 'Pros' about Boston result from it being rather a long way to bigger places like Peterborough, Lincoln, Nottingham & Grimsby.
- In a nutshell:The town that gave birth to the USA.
How to confuse an American. Tell them Central Park is in Boston, say you've been there & have pictures to prove it. more travel advice
Boston's picture house is the art-deco Haven Cinema. more travel advice
mwe's Related Pages
Boston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Returning to root - Sourbuggers home"
- "HOME 1"
- "Boston: Medieval Port"
- "Boston, England."
- "Pilgrims and canals"
- "A day trip to Boston's environs"
- "Boston, Lincolnshire."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boston
- Hotels in Boston
- Transportation in Boston
- Nightlife in Boston
- Restaurants in Boston
- Shopping in Boston
- Warnings and Dangers in Boston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boston
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Boston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boston
Photos in BostonSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Wealdstone Intro, 39 reviews, 19 photos
- London Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Boston Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Reading Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gorod Sankt-Peterburg Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos
- Toronto Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Ottawa Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Dieppe Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayo Largo Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos